What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 3 months ago

I think I have now I nice, minimal, decoupled implementation for integration between target texture, framebuffer (viewport + framebuffer) and renderer:

struct ctexture {
    char name[MAX_NAME_LENGTH];
    uint64_t hash;
    uint32_t id;
    GLuint texture_gl_id;
};

struct cframebuffer {
    uint64_t hash;
    uint32_t id;
    GLuint framebuffer_gl_id;
    /* Viewport */
    GLfloat x;
    GLfloat y;
    GLfloat width;
    GLfloat height;
    GLfloat near;
    GLfloat far;
    GLfloat field_of_view;
    /* Target texture */
    uint32_t texture_id;
};

struct crenderer {
    uint64_t hash;
    uint32_t id;
    /* Renderer customization */
    void *data;
    /* Target framebuffer */
    uint32_t targets[RENDERER_MAX_TARGETS];
    bool (*on_render)(crenderer *);
    void (*on_free)(crenderer *);
};
Advertisement

A free alternative to No Man's Sky, because I was disappoint. Two months of part-time fiddling in and I got a theoretically(!) infinitely scalable universe with equally infinite level of detail settings, baaarely running on an 8GB laptop. Gonna start working on somewhat realistic planet generation soon, just got the basics to work:

gallery_244655_1217_116311.png

[DEDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

Recently started working on 2D platformer tower of defense (our first project) using LibGDX. I would expect a release of playable version in 2-3 weeks, but much things is still to be polished. The assets are still freebies.

The screen is outdated(and kind of a mock), but the re-work of recruiting system is undergoing, so I will post a new version soon :).

1WUjfMb.png

WIP game: InWar: Kingdom Rebirth. Follow us on Twitter.

I'm currently in school, but I'm working with a few friends and we are developing a 3D survival type game with a post apocalyptic setting in which the world is overgrown with plant life and new and diverse species, however, you spawn on a space station in which you have to grab supplies and evacuate, so you are very new to the ground. In this world, there will be corrupt machine life and mutants that have adapted to the surroundings, but there will also be plenty of diverse wildlife and small tribes in which you can try to survive with or against. Weapons like guns and machinery will be very rare, and even if you do get yours hands on guns there will be low bullet supply adding a need to be careful with your bullet spending.

On the spaceship itself, there will be 4 stations in which you can scavenge materials from. You may only choose one out of the four to give yourself an advantage, you may also only take a limited number of items. If you spawn with multiple characters (Multiplayer function), they can choose a separate station. The stations we have in mind are Mechanics/Engineering(Blueprints, Vehicle parts, and a choice of a minirobot(it can be accessed later in the game wihout choosing this station), Agriculture(The basic necessities to start off in the farming direction, an abundance of starting food, and basic tools to terraform the world to your own), Supply Depot(The area where you have all of the extra supplies such as melee weapons, bullets, guns, wires, wood, and other basic components needed to construct buildings or other needed tools), and lastly, Medical(Choice of medkits, the components to build potions and herbs in order to survive, and even a (Possible) boost to health and regen). After choosing a station you have a minute or so to scavenge and then return to the dropship within your station and drop to the earth.

Then with the supplies you must build, survive, and strive within the new ground. There will also be "Rad Zones" which have higher zones of radiation which will have better materials and harder creatures, but will not be accessible until you research suits that can withstand radiation to a certain degree.

Well that's all I got right now. We are well on our way with making the basis of the spacestation, and will be making a blog with developer upsates soon!

Tl;dr: A post-apocalyptic survival game in first person with diverse plant life and creatures in which you start with an advantage of your choice(Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, or Supplies)

~Tryck~

Wow, I enjoyed looking at everyone's stuff, lots of talent and so proud to be apart of this community.

Recently got into "web design", so I'm working* on a website to show off our work of measuring and documenting old houses (some of them are 150 years old) in Transylvania as a part of a folk architecture research project (for long it was endorsed and organized by the biggest university in Hungary, now it's voluntary).
My girlfriend started the website project with a web-designer program, but it was too constraining, there were some unsolvable glitches, so I took over the programming part.

* hacking the crap out of the Blogger platform, struggling with javascript (as there is no systax check in blogger, so I edit the code - update the post - test it - press edit post - edit code, which is a very slow process), making html code generators to ease adding pages, menus and content. The challenges include that we still don't have a final design, so the site is still in lorum ipsum state with random elements on random pages with some random menu.

So far I've got an "interactive map" to select villages, a custom lightbox with fake tags (both work in progress), a dropdown-menu generator that can be inserted in the xhtml of the blogger template (and this blogger xthml coding is hardy documented, which means hacking like crazy)

If anyone interested (these can't be accessed through the menu yet):
Map probe with village placement helper code generator thing: szekelypartium.blogspot.hu/p/mapgen.html

Gallery: http://szekelypartium.blogspot.hu/p/gallery.html

So many excellent looking projects here!

Here's mine: day job - programmer at a medium-small North Finland game studio, mostly HTML5 and Unity projects these days.

Current active hobby project - Steel Ranger, a Turrican / Metroid inspired scifi action-adventure for the Commodore 64. Now at the point of designing the game world layout, with an aim to get about 500 screens total. The basic game engine, player movement, player weapons and world tilesets are already done. I also maintain a mostly technical and sparsely updated development diary for it.

ingame9.gif

I'm still working on my turn-based RPG, Goblinson Crusoe:

lUhxKOu.jpg

The game is being made in Urho3D. I keep a somewhat sporadically updated dev journal about it here at gdnet. It's a turn-based RPG, more of a hack-n-slash like a turn-based Diablo, though with some elements of base building and crafting.

Killing Floor 2.

Personal Project (blog in signature) 3rd person shooter.

gZcPpH6.jpg

Killing Floor 2, aye? Your personal project is looking pretty dope.

"The code you write when you learn a new language is shit.
You either already know that and you are wise, or you don’t realize it for many years and you are an idiot. Either way, your learning code is objectively shit." - L. Spiro

"This is called programming. The art of typing shit into an editor/IDE is not programming, it's basically data entry. The part that makes a programmer a programmer is their problem solving skills." - Serapth

"The 'friend' relationship in c++ is the tightest coupling you can give two objects. Friends can reach out and touch your privates." - frob

So many excellent looking projects here!

Here's mine: day job - programmer at a medium-small North Finland game studio, mostly HTML5 and Unity projects these days.

Current active hobby project - Steel Ranger, a Turrican / Metroid inspired scifi action-adventure for the Commodore 64. Now at the point of designing the game world layout, with an aim to get about 500 screens total. The basic game engine, player movement, player weapons and world tilesets are already done. I also maintain a mostly technical and sparsely updated development diary for it.

steelranger_ingame_finalmap.png

Now that is Sexy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement