What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 3 months ago

Boring and vague "Large data processing, analysis, and decision making" for the kind of stuff that pays bills, but hobby projects have mostly been poking around and more toying with things rather than serious development on any given project.

A few random goals include:

A semi-serious feeling 'tower defence' game themed after modern military forward fire base kind of thing, or possibly WWI trench warfare, with weapon physics/line of fire and communications.

A transport/civil engineering game, with a focus on construction and detailed planning. - Focus being more on designing/building/running infrastructure rather than just saying "Connect these two towns..." and handwaving the majority of the building.

- Lately have been poking at some fluid dynamics stuff and really toying with the idea of possibly doing something mostly aimed at canals.

But really it is all just me playing around with terrain systems in various ways, and honestly less 'game development'.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Advertisement

Well, what I'm currently working on is finishing up university and preparing to work as a software developer :P

But, I do a good amount of hobby work as well, and my current project centers on the Mahayudh Chronicles: a serial fiction series that combines serialized writing with short CGI videos and short playable levels all interlinked by the larger story arc. So far I have only made two short trailers and many art assets at random, some of which are scattered throughout this forum.

Here's some pictures of my work (some of you who have advised me on this work will immediately recognize it):

screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-11-28-39-am.pn

screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-11-27-26-am.pn

screen-shot-2017-01-21-at-8-30-32-pm.png

There's a ton more on my website, I'll just leave these as samples however.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

The last time I did programming as a hobby was improving my contest winning (!!!1) Kraken game. Got nowhere with it, though I believe it could be made into a mobile game in a month.

Anyway, for my daily job (as a low priority task) I program an automatic test sequence controller and editor environment (for pneumatic components' testing benches) which includes GUI design, instrument control, device synchronization, optimizations of data logging and handling, etc. I use Labview for this task.

As a hobby, I am working not too intensively on my Lego Technic design portfolio, and I just finished making official-like instructions for this design of mine:

001.jpg

I'm better at this than I was at programming.

If anyone is interested, here's a link for a gallery of all my models:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=szecs

And you can find my youtube channel in my signature.

That's pretty different, seems interesting! It looks pretty clumsy for just designing a glyph like in the video, what do you think your ideal intended use-case might be?

Creating clean line-art from sketches. Not shown in the video, the user can load a sketch image in the background layer and start creating curves by drawing and and then sculpting into the desired shape instead of the tedious process of drawing a stroke, undoing, and drawing again repeatedly until the shape is right.

Working on different projects as usual.

One being an inofficial proper Arcade port of Bomb Jack (dubbed Bomb Jack DX) for C64.

Original port:
[attachment=34678:BombJack-BG1-C64-Elite.jpg]

Our updated port:
[attachment=34677:BombJack-BG1-C64-DX.jpg]

One being a sequel to Soulless for C64.

And on the PC side playing with a real 3d Nebulus remake.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Day job: Working at a "regular" S/W company. Current hobby project: "Time Rider" - A Virtual Reality obstacle course game: https://plus.google.com/communities/108017785404671901486

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

Well, like most everyone I've got work projects I'm not allowed to talk about and smaller team projects I'm not quite ready to talk about, which leaves this solo project I'm working on. It's a weird haunted-house type game in the Unreal engine. I modeled everything myself, but admittedly some of the props and environments are re-purposed things I made for other projects that didn't make it into the final product. It's supposed to be a blend of adventure and horror elements with minimal action, but it's got a way to go before I can say with confidence that it's fun, scary, or interesting in the least bit.

[attachment=34746:5.jpg][attachment=34748:3.jpg][attachment=34749:2.jpg][attachment=34750:1.jpg][attachment=34751:6.jpg][attachment=34752:7.jpg]

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Some really cool day-jobs and hobby projects here!

Still working on my future-racer / physics-racer / MOBA-racer thingy indie game:
http://www.22series.com/
22_racing_series_vehicle_futuristic_raci22_racing_series_video_game_future_physi

Current work-for-hire project:
http://www.mydriveschool.com/

Just finished up a graphics-engine support contract:

For a non-computer hobby, learning to build and fly FPV (VR) quadcopters: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_y7k6LUThH4x2DLXfMzHIJ4GWbcw8TIx

Wow, great stuff guys!

- Jason Astle-Adams

I'm working on 4X turn-based sci-fi strategy called Children of the Galaxy.

ss_ffa9698b513f7388206922848260c950c318a

ss_de5c1b7328f02dd8772c5654e2f9123dcd5cc

ss_01dea6bf00a719198be597bd6beb100e0c1db

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement