How to Make D3D Easy?

Started by
3 comments, last by TheChubu 7 years, 2 months ago

I go to high school in South Korea.

Every year there is a game develop contest held in our school,and i go to the competition.

So I am going to learn D3D,(Directx9 2D already studied!)

Here is the convention rule!

1. Not available on the Internet.

2. DirectX SDK Samples(June 2010) are available

3. Unable to use plug-in or Game Engine(like Unreal, Unity)

As above, I have to follow these rules and i need to memorize basic sources.

So I'm going to learn D3D.

I tried to find D3D on the internet, it's so hard and complicated.

so i can't memorize the sources.

Then I must refer to DirectX SDK Samples(June 2010).

But I can't find a sample that fits me!

I want to open file(.obj) easily from DirectX to 3D.

HELP ME!

ps. If you don't know what i mean, let me know(This is using a translator) :)

Advertisement

Graphics programming, and D3D, are hard. Sorry. There's a lot to learn and you're going to just have to work through it step by step. Hopefully you'll be able to get acquainted enough with it so that when the competition rolls around, the samples will be enough to refresh your memory. But I never much liked the samples as a place to start, not if you're totally new.

The easiest thing to do is probably to go here:

http://www.directxtutorial.com/LessonList.aspx?listid=9

And work your way up until you finish "Lesson 7: Simple Modeling". Once you've done all that, then come back and let's look at tackling OBJ files. X files might be a better choice if you have to write for the competition from scratch though, as OBJ is quite a bit of work to read and X is built in.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

D3D Obj loading

As previously stated, graphics programming is hard and there's no way around that. However there are some excellent resources out there to help you learn.

Have a look at the RasterTek tutorials, I found them invaluable when learning all about Direct3D.

Its completely fine if you use something like https://github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx instead of learning all the low level bits of D3D/GL/Vulkan++ 12 Metallic Edition. Just do it if you enjoy it (or if there is good money on the table).

EDIT: Dont use bgfx, you'll be banned from the competition.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement