Looking for possible team members/co-founders in Bay Area for game project

Started by
7 comments, last by 0r0d 7 years, 1 month ago

I'm currently working on a project that is at an early stage. I'm still working on tech for it, but want to start working on gameplay towards the middle of the year. The idea is to hopefully build a game prototype and look for VC funding to start a studio and go into production.

About me: I have a lot of experience in the game industry on everything from small projects to AAA games on platforms like iPhone, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, and PS3. I've mostly worked as a programmer on several engine teams, but I've also done some art and design for my own iOS games. Right now I'm working on this project full-time, so I'm committed to at least seeing how far it can go and I'm putting my time and money on the table to do it.

About the game: The current idea is to do a cross between a MOBA and an RTS, possibly focusing on e-sports as a target. I'm thinking something like League of Legends with a main hero, but with a lot more soldiers fighting on both sides. Not sure if it will be a mobile (tablet) game or maybe PC might be better suited. This will sort itself out when iterating on the game design begins.

What I'm looking for: People who are willing to contribute and possibly be co-founders, preferable people who live in the Bay Area. I'm looking for experienced game industry veterans (at least 1 shipped game), not really anyone starting out since I just dont have time to be training anyone or doing any hand-holding. I need people who can hit the ground running and contribute without me having to tell them what to do. I also know that the people I'm looking for probably already have day jobs and they're not going to quit just to work on a project like this, but if you can contribute on your spare time... then I might be able to use you.

So if you're a C++ programmer, artist (3D modeler/animator/concept/tech), or designer and would like to discuss this or just get more information... let me know. There's no pay involved and what I'm offering is a percentage of the company that gets formed if we get to the point of securing VC money. I'm looking for partners and co-founders, not contractors. I'm also looking for people who are motivated to get somewhere, not people who are looking for just a hobby project.

Advertisement

could you use an experienced sound engineer ??

could you use an experienced sound engineer ??

Possibly in the future, but at this point I'm not looking for one since there's still quite a hill to climb with all the other stuff before I think about that. As far as engineering, I'm more focused on finding either a solid gameplay person, or a general engine/graphics type.

Well, I worked on some open-source games, but I guess that doesn't count xD

Well, what I wrote about what I'm looking for is more like rough guidelines. I'll consider anyone who contacts me and is motivated and shows that they're capable of getting stuff done. It's just that since I have little time to do the stuff I need to get done, i cant afford any time for training up someone. I need to be able to give someone a codebase with little or no documentation and a list of stuff to get done, and have them start contributing quality work in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise bringing a person into the team might actually slow things down.

Well, what I wrote about what I'm looking for is more like rough guidelines. I'll consider anyone who contacts me and is motivated and shows that they're capable of getting stuff done. It's just that since I have little time to do the stuff I need to get done, i cant afford any time for training up someone. I need to be able to give someone a codebase with little or no documentation and a list of stuff to get done, and have them start contributing quality work in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise bringing a person into the team might actually slow things down.

Yes,I understand.

Hey, would you be interested in an experienced programmer who has no game development experience? I'm looking to switch to game development as a career so I have a lot of motivation.

Hey, would you be interested in an experienced programmer who has no game development experience? I'm looking to switch to game development as a career so I have a lot of motivation.

Anyone who's interested should feel free to PM me and we can talk a bit.

Still looking for people for this project, especially any good 3D artists and programmers experienced in graphics and multiplayer networking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement