• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vtgorilla

I started blogging to help indie devs with game marketing

This topic is 682 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi friends,

I'm new to the community, but hope to become more involved. I've been a member of the reddit gamedev forum for quite some time, but decided I need to start branching out to interact with the larger community of game developers.

While I wrap up development of my first game, an Appalachian Trail backpacking simulator which should be released in February, I've started blogging about business and marketing for indie devs. I realized while reading the constant barrage of marketing questions and complaints about lack of downloads that a lot of developers are relatively clueless about the process. I'm not an expert, but have a little more business awareness than your average developer, so I'm trying to share that with the developers who need guidance.

I have been blogging at HeadlampStudios.com. My two most recent posts try to help developers with a promotion strategy and then a deeper dive on how to sell a premium game. I'd love to hear your feedback on the topics and writing.

I saw that gamedev.net allows members to post articles! So I will definitely write something to share there once my game launches.

Thanks!

Brad

Advertisement

This is some great promotion you are doing  :P ! Thanks for the links as well as the blog posts. I would love to learn more about marketing and promoting games to people other than other developers! And interesting game btw.

This is some great promotion you are doing  :P ! Thanks for the links as well as the blog posts. I would love to learn more about marketing and promoting games to people other than other developers! And interesting game btw.

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if there's a specific topic you would like to read about. I tend to write about theoretical stuff by default, which isn't as helpful as quick actionable steps. So any topic direction is definitely helpful!

Yeah hopefully my game is interesting...we'll see  :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!