• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GeneralVimes

Emitter: releasing my Global Game Jam entry

This topic is 583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

1_GGJUA-hires-80.png 
This year we, for the second time, organized Global Game Jam in Ukraine. The theme was really cool – "WAVES". I particularly liked that it allowed multiple creative interpretations.

During the jam I was busy with organizational questions, but at night between Saturday and Sunday I managed to cut several hours from my sleep and made my own prototype.

So, the idea is such: imagine a water sufrace. When you drop a pebble into it, the waves start spreading from the centre. Now let's look at this process from the opposite side: where should you drop the pebble to create the waves of particular shape? Taking into account that the waves reflect from the walls of the basin, this can be a very interesting question.

Here's how the gameplay looks like (gif)
Emitter-game.gif

During the post-jam week I completed the game and now I'm ready for release.
Among the new features there are:

• various waves shapes (triangle, square, etc)
  • sounds of real ocean waves which accompany your play
  • cellular grid to help you aim better
  • scoring system
  • storage of player's score history

You are welcome to check the game and share your suggestions. It can be downloaded from PlayMarket

Tools used:

• Flash Develop - IDE
  • Starling - graphics engine
  • Enhance - quick ads and analytis integration (it took me 3 minutes to integrate the banner, interlevel ads and retention measuring)
  • Physics engine is of my own :)

Advertisement

Looks very cool!

Think you should make this into a Developer's Journal Entry and get some feedback on it.

Edited by Navyman

Thank you!

Actually, I have a Developer's journal, but it's about the development of my own Civlike strategy. As Jam ended, I'm returning to that project and making it my No1 priority.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!