• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jonyx

Conquearth.org

This topic is 624 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi my name is Jony and i just release beta version of my MMORTS game Conquearth.

logo3.png

Game priciples
You can choose between three fraction in Conquearth. Each fraction has own advantages, 2 special units and 2 super-weapons.

Electricity:
Each building requires energy for its operation. In the game there are 6 buildings to 

produce electricity. You must build powerplants in each base.

There are three resources:
Steel is needed for the construction of buildings, production of army and much more. Steel is needed primarily for building and military production. 

Uranium is used as fuel to move armies. Uranium is need for the production of strong units. 

Plasma is a strategic resource it is used primarily in the later stages of the game. It is necessary for advanced research and strongest unit. It is also necessary for the production of missiles and charging super-weapons.

You can build more than 30 type of buildings in each normal base and 2 super-weapons.

The map also occur conquerable bases. These bases can be picked by successful attack. But also we could lose them by same way. These bases, however, provide a strategic advantage. 

Army:
Army contains 25 units. Each unit has damage bonus against other units. So you must combine army right.
Infantry form the core of each light army. Infantry main advantage is that it can be rapidly produce in large quantities. Other advantage is that biological technology reduces consumption of uranium.
Vehicles are ideal for combat. Thanks to speed and bonuses they are universal units. You use vehicles in small and medium-sized battles. Vehicles have the the largest bonuses, so they can win the battle. 
Tanks are slow and have a high consumption but have the greatest attack and armor. Their role are primarily in strategic battles. Even in small numbers are able to do damage in the enemy lines.
Aircraft are the fastest units, but also with the highest consumption. Their advantages are 

mainly in fast action or in missions where time is priority (eg. Defense support).

Price / Business Model
Conquearth is completely Non-pay-to-win game. This game is free-to-play.
Game is non-profit project.

Licence
Images in this game is from wikipedia (Wikimedia Commons) with CC licence or no copyright licence. 
Medal and badges are awards and decorations of the United States Armed Forces (public domain).

Development
I try find players with MMORTS experience for beta-test.

Advertisement

Medal and badges are awards and decorations of the United States Armed Forces (public domain).

Think you need to double check this with a non

wikipedia
source.

"In all cases, Military Service-specific insignia must be removed from advertising, marketing or promotional material." - As per https://www.army.mil/faq/

Think you need to double check this with a non

wikipedia
source.

"In all cases, Military Service-specific insignia must be removed from advertising, marketing or promotional material." - As per https://www.army.mil/faq/

Yep. You should delete all the army stuff.

I played game like this before.

This guy needs to be careful with images he doesn't have paperwork for.

Yeah. I'm wondering if is game copy-paste or not(no offense)

It's just one of those web games that look very similar and,in fact,share the same gameplay.

Hello,

thank you for alert. I will make detail research. I found this:

Image thas is a work of an U.S. military or Department of Defense employee, taken or made during the course of the person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, the image is in the public domain.

Of course you can not use unit insignia and logo of departments or division.

Photographs and imagery on the Army's website, unless otherwise noted, are in the public domain.   

Wiki photographs (from othres autors) are protected, but i used photos with CC licence (but after your alert I'll check it for sure).

This guy needs to be careful with images he doesn't have paperwork for.

Yeah. I'm wondering if is game copy-paste or not(no offense)

It's just one of those web games that look very similar and,in fact,share the same gameplay.

Game is NOT copy-paste project. 

I created php, html and css code (except Bootstrap) by myself (3 years of work). I think that combat principle and strategy is unique (capture special bases by conquer, superweapons, each unit has demage bonus, infantry cover bonus, ...).
Building and reaserch manegmant are +/- same in any strategy game (i have played 4 web-MMORTS). But i thing electricity managment important new element.

And it is completly non-profit (no premium function).
Edited by jonyx

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!