Will this concept work for FPS?

Started by
6 comments, last by Tom Sloper 7 years, 2 months ago

Hello, my name is tyhender. I'm primarily programmer, but I also like writing stories(I personally thing I have good ideas)

So, I thought of this story concept.

A scientist or whatever it can be, creates machine that can simulate whole universes. Player travels in some of them, with a lot of amazing stuff. Then he does something wrong, all simulated universes are , in fact, real, but kept in cotainers with physics that containers don't really exist in any of the universes. Universes collide and then weird end of the world.(Napoleon fighting with croco-hippos, Star nations in war with kids toys, elves fighting with muppets etc.)

Of course, all this will be told with fancy 3D graphics and FPS gameplay and puzzles.

Is this concept good with not so big budget(I don't need graphics to be AAA-level)

Advertisement

Just swangin'(bumpin')

Is this concept good with not so big budget

It seems your question is about money, not about writing. You're asking if your concept can be made with a medium-sized budget

(not so big). A low budget would be $500K or less. A medium budget would be $500K-$2MM. Are you asking if your concept can

be made for under $2MM? Because pretty much anything is possible (with 2 exceptions).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Not about money,but raher possibility of implementing at all.

Not about money,but raher possibility of implementing at all.

Anything is possible, except time travel to the past and the Star Trek
holodeck.

This still doesn't seem to be a question about writing.

and the Star Trek holodeck.

patience! we'll get there! <g>

the ironic thing is that game development might just lead the way...

Is this concept good with not so big budget(I don't need graphics to be AAA-level)

it sounds big.

but big can be done on a small budget - within reason.

I'd start by prototyping the first adventure in the first universe, and see how long and how much it costs to accomplish just that one "quest". or simply estimate it if you've done this type of stuff before - thats what the old hands do. then you can extrapolate out based on the number of universes, and number of adventures per universe to get an idea of the total cost in time and money up to the point where the universes collide. then add more time and money for the universes collide part of the game.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

By some not hard calculation, a simple implementation of this game will cost ~800k$ for me.

By some not hard calculation, a simple implementation of this game will cost ~800k$ for me.

Thread is not about writing. Moving it out of the Writing forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement