• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MikeNew

Vulkan Vulkan + GLFW Fullscreen mode have "blink" when exit or switch to desctop

This topic is 683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello.

I use GLFW for Vulkan fullscreen mode and have "short blink" when exit from application or switch with alt-tab to desctop. It looks bad. Can I fix it?

Here you can see how it happens:

glfwInit();
    glfwWindowHint(GLFW_CLIENT_API, GLFW_NO_API);
    window = glfwCreateWindow(WIDTH, HEIGHT, "Vulkan 12",    glfwGetPrimaryMonitor(), nullptr);

Edited by MikeNew

Advertisement

Hi and welcome

What you see might come from the Windows API when switching visual modes. I'm not realy in GLFW but it might be either that they switch from a bordered native window to an unbordered one, then Windows needs to repaint the window and it could blink or else what I assume is fact here, the context switches from WinAPI ChangeDisplaySettings and ChangeDisplaySettingsEx function calls that are similar to a screen resize and might blink also.

In the end you couldnt do very much except consider to hide the window until switch was made or do not render anything until it is done

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!