• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DemonDar

Price for a handpainted 3d animated character

This topic is 672 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If I want to do a game with some animated characters, how much would cost to me each animated character?

?Note I'm searching something with this look (I still have no funds to pay, I just want to know the average price).

3DO_preview.jpg73cefd28-2aef-4c5d-85a9-5

But I'm mostly interested in cute animals, not in brute warriors. I could guess this takes a week of work, so depending on skill may be between 300 -500€/$ but I'm not a modeler/animator, so I really don't know ^^.

?Of course, I don't want an aSset store Item  (otherwise I would buy directly one at a cheaper price), but I want characters exclusive for my game.

Edited by DemonDar

Advertisement

take a look at the models for sale on places like turbosquid.com.

model complexity increases price. matching rigged outfits increases price. number of animations increase price. 

check online stores that sell such assets for a model of similar complexity with similar amounts of clothing, and a list of included animations similar at least in number (if not type) to what you need. the price of that asset would be a good starting point. kind of cartoonish, not ultra high poly, with no rigged outfits, and maybe half a dozen animations, perhaps under $100 each.

here's a turbosquid search for "animals" sorted from lowest to highest price:

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/animal/?keyword=&synonym=animals&sort_column=A5&sort_order=asc

a search of "rigged animated animals" starts at free and goes all the way up to  $1675.00 for this set of models:

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/deer-family-fur-3d-ma/667228

Edited by Norman Barrows

turbosquid is not a good way to measure prices. Turbosquid's prices will be vastly lower because the artist knows beforehand he will be getting paid multiple times for the same asset. Not just once like with a client.

Edited by Komatsu

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!