Story of a project

Started by
13 comments, last by jpetrie 7 years, 2 months ago

Sad story though.

Advertisement
No, not really. Sounds like the ramblings of a delusional idea man to me.

No, not really. Sounds like the ramblings of a delusional idea man to me.

Yep. Scope, dude, scope.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

I bet you guys didn't watch video to the end. You wouldn't say that about this very personal story.

I couldn't listen for more than about 30 seconds as the intonation of his voice made me feel physically uncomfortable.

I bet you guys didn't watch video to the end. You wouldn't say that about this very personal story.

I watched the full video. Appealing to emotions is not how you obtain funding.

I did, and what makes this personal story any more important than anyone else's? Everybody here has projects they dream about building.

This is a project with an immense scope, a very small dev team and no concrete tech.

a very small dev team and no concrete tech

Is this a reason to put them in the shit?

True, people have been too hash here, though I agree that the scope was too broad

Had the thread been in the form where the OP state's the current problem-situation and asked for (funding) advice, he would have had better responses.

Same thing stated in a different way prompts different attitudes, It simply means people are more psychologically driven 99% of the time

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

a very small dev team and no concrete tech

Is this a reason to put them in the shit?

No, who here is?

They're welcome to try, and good luck to them!

What I don't like about the video is the sob story, how nobody is 'brave enough' to commit to his vision. I could as easily say I want to build a city on the moon, but I'm not about to start complaining that nobody is brave enough to support my vision financially when all I have is the idea.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement