Looking for modelling artists with easy aim.

Started by
6 comments, last by Awoken 7 years, 1 month ago

Hi everyone. I'm currently developing a browser game and am scouting for talent.

The goal is really simple, I need asset models for the game I'm making but there is a catch. they need to be really low in total vertices and polygon counts.

So any asset created that is static should work within the limits of MAX 36 vertices and MAX 48 polygons, or faces.

Any dynamic assets have even tighter restrictions, MAX 18 vertices, and MAX 24 faces.

Static assets that I can think of are Trees and Bushes.

dynamic assets are animals.

Now the goal is to create as simple an asset that conveys the intended object. If someone is able to to go even lower in the total counts and still show an awesome looking whatever, that would be amazing.

If you look at the picture I use as my Avatar you can see a man inside a world. That man is the style I'm going for.

The models do not need to be solid, but they should display some depth at all angles.

Please use the simple to use modelling program I wrote that will work in your browser, Chrome works best.

All required files are contained within a .zip located at a journal entry post I created here

https://www.gamedev.net/blog/1989/entry-2262570-z-model/

If you create content for this game, I will use it.

[ EDIT 21/02/17 ] ::: Scaling

I forgot to mention anything about the scale of the modeling program. The working area is a 20 x 20 x 20 "foot" zone, I believe I have the camera set up to rotate around out at about 26 feet so to say. So if you're making a 50' tree just make it about half the size relatively speaking and I can easily scale it up on my end. Maybe just let me know your intended scale 1:2 or 1:3.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
This looks like a challenge I'm willing to accept, so you need models that are 2D but with some depth? Or you want me to just model 3D but using the restrictions you've set!

Hi Alex Dee, I am looking for 3D models that are according to the restrictions.

Hello, what's your email?

VDomingos1996@outlook.com

Hi Alex, you can contact me at mothership-games@outlook.com; However, if you use some sort of third party modeling program and send me the export I won't be able to use it, for that reason I've made a bare-bones modeling program that will work in a web browser.

I'm not sure if you've followed the link I've provided, and if you have are you able to use the modeling program successfully? Once you create a model just hit the export button and it will generate text. Copy that text and you can either email that text to me or just post it here in this thread.

Thanks Alex

I was thinking of using 3Ds max but I can give it ago using your one. I'll email you

I played along. Submitted to your blog entry. The instructions were clear and the web app worked well after a browser zoom switch (Unable to select). Go figure.

Edit: I never saw mention of scale...so...

Goliath, thank you. I'm going to edit this forum post and the one in my journal talking about scale. I remember thinking about it one time and then just forgot.

Edit: I never saw mention of scale...so...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement