• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
L. Spiro

CD-Quality GoldenEye 007 Music

This topic is 680 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I don’t know what that means.
My channel has the blessings of the original composers, one of whom has subscribed. Grant’s posted his remixes online but…

L. Spiro

I'm saying that if it is the original song as you stated (I don't know -- didn't listen as it might be illegal, plus I own a legitimate copy of that song, so there's nothing to gain for me, can only lose), then it means that it is the song composed by Bono and Edge, and performed by Tina Turner. Turner is dead, but it's more like 3 years, not 70 years, so my guess was that her heirs might not like "royalty-free" copies of her work being distributed. If you have Bono's blessings in written form, that's nice, but I don't think this also waives the rights of Turner, or the producer's rights. Just what I'm thinking, not necessarily what's the case.

You’re fricking bizarre.
For the rest of the human population, these are CD-quality recordings of the Nintendo 64 GoldenEye 007 sound track.
Perfect Dark soon-to-follow.

L. Spiro Edited by L. Spiro

I'm saying that if it is the original song as you stated (I don't know -- didn't listen as it might be illegal, plus I own a legitimate copy of that song, so there's nothing to gain for me, can only lose), then it means that it is the song composed by Bono and Edge, and performed by Tina Turner. Turner is dead, but it's more like 3 years, not 70 years, so my guess was that her heirs might not like "royalty-free" copies of her work being distributed. If you have Bono's blessings in written form, that's nice, but I don't think this also waives the rights of Turner, or the producer's rights. Just what I'm thinking, not necessarily what's the case.

Tina Turner isn't dead.  Also L Spiro is referring to the N64 video game of Goldeneye and not the 1995 movie whose soundtrack was indeed performed by Tina Turner:

Thanks L. Spiro! That's freaking beautiful.

That playlist is doing the rounds with all the audio people here at work - much appreciated!

Edited by Orangeatang

You’re fucking bizarre.
For the rest of the human population, these are CD-quality recordings of the Nintendo 64 GoldenEye 007 sound track.

My bad, I should have known that if someone says "Golden Eye 007" and makes no mention of Nintendo anywhere, then obviously this doesn't refer to the well-known movie but to some Nintento game. :lol:

Tina Turner isn't dead.

Hey you're right! She is alive, she only doesn't perform in public any more since some time. I was so convinced she had died... who is it I confused her with, it cannot possibly be Michael Jackson. Whitney Houston?

My bad, I should have known that if someone says "Golden Eye 007" and makes no mention of Nintendo anywhere, then obviously this doesn't refer to the well-known movie but to some Nintento game.

I know you're being snarky, but honestly, you should. Goldeneye 007 is much more famous as an N64 cartridge (the N64 game) than a film in gaming circles! :P
I'm afraid I'm going to have to revoke your game developer membership.

The movie is called just "GoldenEye" but the game is called "GoldenEye 007". 

Also considering how famous the N64 game is (sometimes called "the greatest game of all time"), and the line "These have never existed before. This is the first-ever release of its kind.", I think it was pretty clear it wasn't the movie soundtrack.

Thanks for publishing it L. Spiro!

Edited by Olof Hedman

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!