• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Generalization of Cassini ovals

This topic is 436 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working on a paper that describes black hole mergers. Most of the figures resemble Cassini ovals, except for the last figure... do you know of a way to make one of the ovals larger than the other?

The paper is at http://vixra.org/abs/1701.0614

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Advertisement

Figure 11: A unit mass black hole merging with a black hole of mass = 1000

The asymmetry in figure 11 is due to different black hole masses, as seen in formula 1 on the first page: increasing the Mi mass shifts the corresponding contribution to f towards larger ri, which in this physical model corresponds to more massive black holes having larger event horizon boundaries.

Render examples with less extreme M1/M2 ratios to understand better

Figure 11: A unit mass black hole merging with a black hole of mass = 1000

The asymmetry in figure 11 is due to different black hole masses, as seen in formula 1 on the first page: increasing the Mi mass shifts the corresponding contribution to f towards larger ri, which in this physical model corresponds to more massive black holes having larger event horizon boundaries.

Render examples with less extreme M1/M2 ratios to understand better

Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

I figured out that it is a generalization of Cassini ovals where the torus in question is lopsided like with a ring cyclide.

Check the paper again... I uploaded a new version.

Edited by sjhalayka

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement