[REQUEST] Game about attraction and repelling

Started by
3 comments, last by valrus 7 years, 2 months ago

Hi guys,

So I need a game idea that involves objects that can attract and repel from the player.

This needs to be a project that could be completed within a few weeks time frame.

Either 2d or 3d

Thanks

Advertisement

There are several blob-style 'aborb the thing' games that implement this. One of the better ones is Osmos.

A dream that travels in a void. Negative and positive "experiences" travels in bubbles. Avoid the negative ones, absorb the positive to make the dream better! Effect with music or sound (could be hard to implement). Or just track "happiness"-points (easy). Get bigger when happier so harder to avoid negative thoughts (scale difficulty with progress).

Just an idea:)

I need a game idea that involves objects that can attract and repel from the player. This needs to be a project that could be completed within a few weeks

Your need for an idea and a project that has to be completed within a few weeks sounds like a school assignment.

We don't think it's right to help students with homework assignments here.

But I can't resist. Your player character could accidentally swallow an electromagnet, or could be maliciously implanted with a magnet, over whose polarity he has no direct control. Or a mad device that repels/attracts non-ferrous items.

By the way, you must not mix up "player" and "player character." Although some game engines use the term "player" to mean "player character," the proper definition of "player" is "the live human being who's holding the controller or mouse or mobile device." There has to be a crystal clear terminology distinction between the human controlling the game and the avatar under the player's control.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

There was a "one-switch" competition years ago (back when one-switch brought to mind disability accessibility rather than mobile interfaces) where the winning entry was about a little ship that traveled solely by attraction to environmental features. Hitting the one button in the game turned the attraction on and off.

Also, don't forget Ikaruga!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement