• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ShiftyCake

[HTML] Need help building a custom facebook tab

This topic is 520 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I'm in the process of configuring a custom HTML tab for my facebook page. problem is I only know some very basic coding and am a complete dunce at it.

however I want to create a tab like this one: https://www.facebook.com/littlejayneycakes/app/536426523079089/

The differences being that I would be displaying an image only (rather then a sound file), and the button would link directly to a website.

Now, I have no clue how to do that and then get it to look as smooth as hers is. I just feel way out of my depth here, but I really want something similar to it. It looks great.

i was hoping someone would be able to help me, or at least point me in the right direction.

Advertisement

I have absolutely no clue how you add facebook pages/tabs, but the core technology is HTML. If you never tried it, it's quite easy and fun, and you can do it in your own local browser.

Find an introduction to HTML on the web, and have a play. Even if it is not the solution, I believe it's useful to get exposed to it, as the web is everywhere.

As for help, we typically don't provide full solutions (there are other sites for that), but if you want to learn yourself, you're welcome to ask questions on points where you're stuck.

Edited by Alberth

I have absolutely no clue how you add facebook pages/tabs, but the core technology is HTML. If you never tried it, it's quite easy and fun, and you can do it in your own local browser.

Find an introduction to HTML on the web, and have a play. Even if it is not the solution, I believe it's useful to get exposed to it, as the web is everywhere.

As for help, we typically don't provide full solutions (there are other sites for that), but if you want to learn yourself, you're welcome to ask questions on points where you're stuck.

Okay that's fair enough. I've spent some time having a go at it, and I've got it mostly figured out. I've sacrificed a bit of the look but I think its turned out nicely. I only have one real problem now, but I'll post that separately if I end up needing to.

Edited by ShiftyCake

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!