• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Need feedback on my new game Stealthy Ninja

This topic is 384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi - I posted on here previously about my upcoming app and I'd like to thank those that replied as it did help.  Beta testing is long over with a fair number of changes based upon feedback.  It's now on Google Play, soon going to Apple.  If you could download Stealthy Ninja and give me some feedback on your first impressions, etc, it would be much appreciated.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=korsour.Stealthy will get you to my app download page on your android.  I do have another app on there, but it's one that I just purchased and it needs a lot of work so please just look at this one as the other one is a disaster as it stands!  Just being honest on the other one in case you are surfing around, as it has the right concept but needs a lot of work.  Stealthy Ninja is my own creation from scratch, and for those of you that were playing free games on your PC in the late 80's should recall the game called Kroz.  I had the inspiration to make this game based upon Kroz, but with my own twists.  The app needs some work in the Help area to clean it up, and a tutorial that I will soon have on Youtube with a link.  The basics of the game are working great, I think I have ads and rewards in there properly, and I personally find the game quite fun.[attachment=34892:Install Screenshot.png]

Stealthy Ninja - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=korsour.Stealthy

Thanks for at least giving this a read, if you don't end up downloading the game and giving feedback.  It's my first venture in to indie gaming and I've quite enjoyed it....but I'll need to revisit the costs of my hobby before I continue with too many more!

Cheers,

Darryn

Advertisement
I just played your game. I am going to suggest a lit of improvements and point out a lot of weak points, if you don't mind. Hopefully, this will help improve your game.

First of all, no tutorial. I understand you link your YouTube channel, but you will lose players doing this. On the first level, I did not know the controls, and I did not even know where my character was. This is one of the biggest issues with your game. I suggest pulling the camera to just fit a small area around the character, to not give away the level design, enemy placement etc. Also, the game is cumbersome. Your character moves way to slowly. Try speeding up your movements. You classified your game as action, so make action happen!

Your attacks lack impact. No sound effects when killing enemies. No special effects. I did not know if the first enemies were dead or not. Maybe add a slash sound, or have the death animation be more noticible.

Lastly, what makes your game unique? Why would others play your game instead of the thousands of others like it? Try adding some special feature to your game to differentiate yourself.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you can use my feedback to improve your game!

Thanks for the feedback @soulfulpumpkin.  I think you hit the nail on the head on a few of the complaints and I am addressing them now:

1 - Speed.  I've increased the speeds by 10% as a start.  The goal was to get users interested in improving their ninja and speed was one of them.  I see how it can simply turn them away before even interesting them!  I think a 10% increase is a good start.  That is now done and will be in production in the next day or two.

2 - Controls and where the character are located.  I'm surprised by this, but it's been repeated to me 3 times this week, so I'm going to address it asap, not just in a tutorial.  I'm thinking the control pad shows at the start and then fades out after first use, and will make the ninja blink at the start.

Otherwise:

1 - There is an option to zoom in on the settings.  In Beta testing, most users preferred the zoom out rather than the zoom in.  It can be changed to zoom in by going in to the settings.  I'm not sure how to address this except by turning off those that want the full zoom out!

2 - Sound effects are forthcoming.  Working on them as the weeks progress, for example I just had the potion and ammo pick up sounds put in to production this month.  Thank you for pointing these out though, just in case they were an oversight.

3 - To make it more unique, I am adding a multiplayer mode of 2 or 4 players in the coming months.  I'm open to other ideas to make it unique.  This was actually a pet project to test the waters on my main idea for an app, and it was a great learning experience so that I can make this app work out, and make my original and main app a success.  And no, it's not the other app I have in the app store.  Wizard Battles was an app I took over from another developer and it needs a lot of work.  You're welcome to check that out but I just took it over 2 weeks ago and have made minimal improvements to date.  It looked like it had potential, so that's why I took on a third app!

Thanks so much for the feedback - very constructive and helping me improve myself and the game for others.  If there's anything I can ever do to help you out, please just let me know!

Here are some closer zoom shots of the game play, which are simply screen shots I took after going in to the settings and setting the zoom to another of 4 possible settings.

[attachment=35041:Screenshot_2017-02-23-17-26-33 small.png]
[attachment=35042:Screenshot_2017-02-23-17-28-06 small.png]

I have the zoom in and zoom out feature now added to the game.  I couldn't upload the videos here due to the size, but when you start Stealthy Ninja in full zoom in mode it will start the level at full zoom out and zoom all the way in to your preferred zoom.  When you start at full zoom out mode, it will start the level at full zoom in on your ninja and zoom all the way out to your preferred zoom.  This now lets users see the full map before starting the level, or see where the ninja is if they play the full map view mode.  

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement