How do I get a bullet trail to follow a mobile joystick in unity

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 7 years, 2 months ago

I am making a 2D Platformer in unity using c#. I am working on adding mobile controls to the game. Right now I have one joystick that controls the player movement as well as rotating the arm to shoot the enemies that come from above

Issues I am running into

When I move the joystick to move the player the arm does rotate but the bullet trail that kills the enemies does not follow as well.

What I have done

I did import the CrossPlatformInput libary to the script. I tried to change the Input.mousePosition to CrossPlatformInputManger but all it did was stay in one place.

Here is the weapon script with the shoot method

void Shoot ()
{
Vector2 mousePosition = new Vector2 (Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint (Input.mousePosition).x, Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint (Input.mousePosition).y);
Vector2 firePointPosition = new Vector2 (firePoint.position.x, firePoint.position.y);
RaycastHit2D hit = Physics2D.Raycast (firePointPosition, mousePosition-firePointPosition, 100, whatToHit);

Debug.DrawLine(firePointPosition, (mousePosition – firePointPosition)*100, Color.cyan);
if (hit.collider != null)
{
Debug.DrawLine(firePointPosition, hit.point, Color.red);
Enemy enemy = hit.collider.GetComponent<Enemy>();
if (enemy != null)
{
enemy.DamageEnemy(Damage);
}
}

Advertisement

I answered here https://www.gamedev.net/topic/686444-2d-arm-rotation-with-mobile-controls/?view=findpost&p=5332477

Closing duplicate thread.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement