• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
-Tau-

Pyrois - scripting language, C++ library

This topic is 664 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

pyroistext.png

Hello, at some point of game programming process i realized that simple NPCs that can attack player or run away won't be enough. I needed a better way to tell a NPC what it is supposed to do. I know there are many scripting languages that are able to do this, but i'm a noob and i couldn't implement them. So i decided to make my own scripting language. One with a C like syntax, that would be easy to implement and easy to use.

Pyrois Scripting Language is designed mainly for NPC scripting in computer games but can be used in any application that requires custom command execution. Pyrois is writen in C++ and released under GNU General Public License (GPLv3) as C++ library. Pyrois Scripting Language has syntax similar to C programming language and supports arrays and structures.

Pyrois is approximately 20-300 times slower than C++ (this depends on type of code you write with Pyrois).

You can download Pyrois SDK from official website: http://www.pyroisscript.com/

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!