• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

New to physics please read, it's new technology needing exploting.

This topic is 421 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is taken from a thread I have created at openGL:

I have invented and implimented parallax mixing, the mixing of parallax texture mapping which I do believe to be new and becomes interesting for enviromental weather systems:?

#########################################################

Heres an involved picture of my engine with parallax mixing, the zeros are just there for my next stage which is mixing texture coloring. Then will look more involved.

It's fast, see no reduced framerate. Runs great on my NVidia GTX 1050.

Looks like some strange space station.

result.jpg

result.jpg

result.jpg

result.jpg

As you can see parallax mixing is a great addition to computer graphics.

Add in self shadowing parallax mapping and wow!

To be honist I'm quite chuffed, this is my first engine and my portals and this pushes me ahead of the industry.  No idea where ill be in 6 months time...
Have experience in music software development and 2D GUI windows systems, but getting older and losing interest in music a bit. This is a good new hobby!
Portals is a bit simular to 2D windows, panels within panels but portals is MUCH more involved, spent 2 months on the portals full time.

Just had the idea of creating footsteps in snow, just add a footmark to the texture and update, even start punching walls too. And body armour. Give the enemy a right kicking. And vehicles and the walls  they crash in to., Bullet holes, probably about everything... Just add in bullet physics and be amasing...
Snow flakes(particle systems) that fall to the ground and build up into snow, follow the enemys footsteps. Rain too producing puddles and floods, and sand storms.
Getting carried away here... True enviromental systems! Fast on the processor and easy to impliment. Todays processors and memory is fine.
Getting ahead of hollywood now... What have I done?

With my portals one world could be cold with snow and the world inside the portal could be hot melting the now both in and out.
Wind blowing, rain, everything in and out the portals.

Rain splashing.

I can't believe this...

Got a great name for my engine too... Just got to buy the domain name soon.

PS. a 1024 by 1024 32 bit texture is 103,079,215,104 worth of enviroments memory! That's that many snowflakes! Amasing.
Have games that change with the seasons... Snow builds up, rain melts it.

Now, I probably can't do all this by myself... so ill soon start looking for people to join me...
My portals is just about complete and is fairly seperate from the renderer, I have Portal's manager, scenes's manager, render stage manager and render stages.

######################################################################

Now, to achieve this I need physics(probably on the GPU), any advice appreciated.
Edited by paulgriffiths

Advertisement

This is not an announcements forum, and frankly this reads more like something you should be posting a journal or blog anyhow.

This topic is 421 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.