• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SerikASA

Good idea on kickstarter

This topic is 599 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Please share it with friends: https://goo.gl/h1hlNW

We want to develop a new type of game client for mobile platforms and extra. The game client can be employed in the computer game industry in role an universal game platform that integrates: mobile devices, game consoles and personal computers. Users will be able to share information about the games installed on their devices, send messages to other users of the game system, request a dedicated server for cooperative game and can also work without internet connection. I assume that our video fully describes the project, please read technical description if you need more technical information.

site: https://findpin.com/   

forum: https://findpin.com/forum/

Edited by SerikASA

Advertisement

As a professionally employed Network Engineer for a large telecom, I find the information on your website very.....misleading.

It seems as though one of your goals is to let users get a server more close to where they live.  For large online games this is already done by having servers spread around the country or globe (depending on how large it is).  If you are just talking about games where the players themselves host servers, well then the server will be where they are.  You are not going to be able to redistribute that server elsewhere in the world "closer" to other people unless someone is paying the bill to have it hosted elsewhere.  

"This type of interaction does not require any additional servers or services and it is limited to a single subnet." -from your website

I am assuming this means you will be using broadcast messages on the single subnet to advertise your servers available.  Broadcast domains (number of hosts that can receive a broadcast message) is incredibly small.  If it isn't small then that organization needs to hire a new network manager.  Broadcasts do NOT go past a router and switches *can* be configured to block them.  Either way, your broadcast domain is also, latency wise, extremely small so redistributing servers makes no sense.

Maybe you got an ace up your sleeve and if so then my hats off to you....but buyer (or in this case Kickstarter backer) beware.

I'm trying to understand what the product is, but I'm not quite sure what you're trying to sell.  Is this some sort of multiplayer game engine with a bunch of servers distributed around for whatever reason?  Is this some sort of game store that has services to help multiplayer games?  Some parts of the website make me think this is just an implementation of a LAN discovery service....?

It's hard to figure out what the product is, and all the things I *think* it might be are things that exist already.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!