• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

The Rainsdowne Players - A rhythm-puzzle RPG for PC & Mac, about a rundown theatre and pleasing its unruly clientele.

This topic is 417 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Presenting A rhythm-puzzle RPG for PC & Mac, about a rundown theatre and pleasing its unruly clientele. Win hearts and minds! Dodge bottles!

35ce4db1d0b9575ed4749f1aaca7e8e9_origina

Story

Nobody said that opening a theatre on the wrong side of the river was going to be easy! The roof may be leaking, and the audience may be armed to the teeth, but nothing is going to stop the Rainsdowne Players from becoming the premier (and only!) theatre troupe in town!

Features

• Correctly handle 'friendly encouragement' from your audience, in the form of thrown bottles, tomatoes and even the occasional fish.
  • Collect inspiration cards from the audience, and combine them to concoct new plays to please the pickier customers.
  • Hang out with a homeless cat who likes board games.
  • Convince the ticket desk clerk not to leave her dead end job.
  • The final boss is several hundred disinterested schoolchildren.
  • Plays like if Paper Mario and Majora's Mask had a child, but the father was secretly Rhythm Tengoku.

c08eb50e328fd7e03bc6dc65ff3ea82c_origina

Play It

Opening Night is a complete, free, standalone chapter, which you can play over at itch.io.

Who am I?

I'm solo developer Steve O'Gorman, and I designed the game, wrote the code and handled all of the art, to varying degrees of success!

Help Kickstart the Sequel

I'm also currently fundraising for an expanded sequel, and there are loads of ways you can influence the finished product as a backer. Please consider taking a look!

5fb9828b0b2ea8cd22cd05a471720cdf_origina

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement