• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Assimp] Forcing 1 mesh per node

This topic is 420 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know this is probably a long shot - asking this question here - but I still want to try.

I'm currently using Assimp (v3.3.1, the latest version) as the model importer in our engine. Nodes (aiNode) in the scene structure (aiScene) are allowed to have multiple meshes per node. I want to specifically disable this behaviour from Assimp - I only want one mesh per node and nothing more. Is that possible?

Is there some aiProcess* flag I'm not aware of?

Advertisement

If it's not in the documentation, it's reasonable to assume it doesn't exist.

As an alternative approach, rather than trying to change assimp, why not make a data structure that fits your intended use better, and copy the assimp data into your new data structures?

If it's not in the documentation, it's reasonable to assume it doesn't exist.

As an alternative approach, rather than trying to change assimp, why not make a data structure that fits your intended use better, and copy the assimp data into your new data structures?

I've done that. However, we'd would highly prefer to not have multiple meshes per node in our architecture, hence the question. Thanks for the input though :)

I've done that. However, we'd would highly prefer to not have multiple meshes per node in our architecture, hence the question.

I wasn't excluding the option to change the structure while copying, but perhaps that was not obvious.

I am not that much at home on meshes and assimp, but can't you make a data structure with the property that you want to have, and copy assimp data into that?

Perhaps you need to duplicate some things, merge some stuff into one list, or split one list into several lists or so, in the process.

Edit: Nobody said you must keep assimp structure all the way to the video card

Edited by Alberth

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement