• Advertisement
TwigCruncher

Any Ideas for a 2D Shooter?

Hey guys, I was thinking if making a 2D platformer game based upon the same principles that online shooters is possible (I mean, I know it's possible, but would it work?) Thanks.

Hey guys, I was thinking if making a 2D platformer game based upon the same principles that online shooters is possible (I mean, I know it's possible, but would it work?) Thanks.

I'm sorry, I mean the same principles online shooters use.

Advertisement

I would highly recommend looking at games such as Plazma Burst and TDP4 (free browser games). They're very similar to what you're describing and I believe they'd be solid references for you. But yeah no, the idea totally works, just depends on how you handle it. 

You might have to look elsewhere depending on what kind of mechanics you want in your game though. 

Edited by ChriHK

What are the principles of online shooters?

Reffering to shooter gameplay,2D platform shooter is lack of some tactics(e.g. aiming, roundabout),and more inconvinient of verticle moving ,etc.

So the 2D platform shooter game needs some gameplay to regain the fun of them above.

Same principles seem insufficient.

Maybe some unique gameplays of 2D games will work nicely,such as warfog,jetpack,etc.