Started drawing a game. Need feedback.

Started by
43 comments, last by krogoth.g 6 years, 3 months ago

Most importantly, youre having fun making it, and I see your progress often keep it up ;) , Im waiting for this one :)

Advertisement
1 hour ago, zizulot said:

Most importantly, youre having fun making it, and I see your progress often keep it up ;) , Im waiting for this one :)

That's right ; )

That was not fully it, I have also made portals:

I have been troubled with this too lately, then I saw this game here! And now I am even more troubled. This 2D game is amaze balls! Coded in Haxe.

www.github.com/shanesrasmussen

Early model of Copter:

image.png.5bd8c6ee1cfd8b8a5c3c94e29ba54b46.png

On 2017-12-08 at 11:10 AM, krogoth.g said:

That's right ; )

That was not fully it, I have also made portals:

Its shaping up quet fAst

11 hours ago, krogoth.g said:

Early model of Copter:

image.png.5bd8c6ee1cfd8b8a5c3c94e29ba54b46.png

How many units you have in your plans? Do you make Graphics/Coding/Music yourself?

16 hours ago, zizulot said:

Its shaping up quet fAst

How many units you have in your plans? Do you make Graphics/Coding/Music yourself?

For this month demo, Human: Worker, Footman, Archer, Copter, some naval unit and I hope for some kind of mage, also 6-8 heroes (2 Footmen, 2 Workers, 2 Archers and possibly 2 Mages).

Except the music.

6 hours ago, krogoth.g said:

For this month demo, Human: Worker, Footman, Archer, Copter, some naval unit and I hope for some kind of mage, also 6-8 heroes (2 Footmen, 2 Workers, 2 Archers and possibly 2 Mages).

Except the music.

I didnt play Warcraft 2 on PC I played it on PS1 I think(Deffinatelly striped version), does Heroes Level up there? I remember on Warcraft they some kind of did

I am still on naming the project. : D Shall I give you today some info nevertheless, as I promised.

The game is inspired by Chronicles of Amber. In-game heroes are people of super-power abilities, very hard to kill and travel between worlds.

As there are juxtaposed worlds, there are different versions of the same person. That's why in one game there can be many Tanads Alterblazes (from different players), whether fighting together or against each other.

(Which is the difference from Warcraft 3 where each hero in skirmish is different, though have same models and skillset)

Heroes will have 10 levels and at least 10 skills to spend each point on something.

In addition to that, Footman-class heroes benefit from most Footman upgrades.

The basics of game scenario are around controlling those worlds.

I have also decided to limit portals use to heroes only, or at least most of portals.

18 hours ago, krogoth.g said:

I am still on naming the project. : D Shall I give you today some info nevertheless, as I promised.

The game is inspired by Chronicles of Amber. In-game heroes are people of super-power abilities, very hard to kill and travel between worlds.

As there are juxtaposed worlds, there are different versions of the same person. That's why in one game there can be many Tanads Alterblazes (from different players), whether fighting together or against each other.

(Which is the difference from Warcraft 3 where each hero in skirmish is different, though have same models and skillset)

Heroes will have 10 levels and at least 10 skills to spend each point on something.

In addition to that, Footman-class heroes benefit from most Footman upgrades.

The basics of game scenario are around controlling those worlds.

I have also decided to limit portals use to heroes only, or at least most of portals.

Well thats cool, how much time aprrox till some kind of Alpha version? or you will make it full and then release it?

On 12/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, zizulot said:

Well thats cool, how much time aprrox till some kind of Alpha version? or you will make it full and then release it?

Nearest plan is demo at the end of this month.

Short demonstration of new features (very few but still some progress : ) ):

Animations are bad-mediocre but fast made. Making animations is actually not very hard, it might require few hours but definitely in bounds of 1 day time-wise.

Stay tuned, I am still working on basic concepts and they are coming soon. : )

(It shall be much more info than now)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement