• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RousingNotion

3d rendering & animation library/framework

This topic is 493 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone,

I did a lot of java stuff during the last two years and Im tired of the reaaaaaallly poor 3d rendering qualities of your average java framework.

So to make things short, I am looking for a C++ library that does the following:

-Supplies me with a model class. I dont want to connect vertices myself, I just want a function like "loadMyBlenderFileIntoAModel("pathToModel.blend). (Not necessarily blender ofc but i guess you get the idea)

-Manages (at least) skeletal animation. Additional animation types would be welcome but are not necessary. I dont want to write all the vector multiplication stuff myself, I just want to tell the library which animation should be played at which speed/frame.

-Bonus points if compatible with SDL or SFML.

-Hardware Rendering. I dont mind if OpenGL or DirectX, since I really am a windows fanboy.

-Nothing that needs its own IDE, GameLoop or Interface. I really need to have full control over my own custom game loop and I really hate to work in some GUI-Code-Hybrid-IDE, I just want to open Sublime and crunch the code lines. So dont even dare to mention Unity :D

Tried Ogre 3d but it looks pretty abandoned to me and for some unknown reason has a really not-so-good rendering quality. Anything else comes to mind? Would really appreciate your help!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!