Looking for a game concept for your group?

Started by
3 comments, last by CouldntDeal 7 years, 1 month ago

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, I am very new here, but here because I would like to offer you talented people to maybe take my ideas and run with them. Ive been working on a couple different games in my time, but as a hobbyist. If you are a group of developers who think they can finish one of these ideas, please take it and make it a reality. I have 2 really detailed concepts already written down. If you are interested in obtaining this project from me, please contact me. If you would also like to work on this project, and use me for additional future concepts, I would gladly help.

The two games I have fleshed out in writing are two completely different genres, and play styles. Each with a bunch of content, that focuses on fair competitive play, meant for a multiplayer world. Again, if you want more details on these, I will be happy to answer questions.

Top down RPG (No Name thought up for it.) - Designed for Tablet/PC play, fantasy realm where the focus is on two separate types of player. I refer to them as Heroes, and Crafters. Set in a world where the majority of the "Combat, PVE" of the game is in a tower located in the center of the continent/Island. Where as the crafting is on the Continent/Island itself. Each type has its own separate leveling system, which will be explained in the paper written for this.

Mafia Life - Designed for PC (Or Console). A way for me to convey this to you in a quick preview would be simply, the Mafia II (2K Games) strip it of the single player experience, story, characters. Example:

*Note: This is an example for Gamedev.net and the names of people places and things are completely hypothetical.

December, 1918

You step off the bus and enter a bus station, where the gentlemen asks for your ID. You enter character creation. You leave character creation. "Ah, welcome back from the war. The bus to Emerald Bay will be leaving shortly".

You walk into the station, noticing many other men and women coming back from the war. (Other players.)

The bus only stops at the station every 15 minutes or so. You find yourself waiting with others.

Once the bus arrives, you and the other players waiting board the bus, and it drives towards the city.

I wanted to share this brief scenario because in my mind, it may seem like not a lot can take place. But if you really dissect what is going on here, some really neat things can happen in this. Imagine two players, who purchased the game on a whim, playing it for the first time; meet in this bus stop. Enter the game together, and literally become friends on the bus ride in. Once they arrive, they start making money, eventually a crew, then a family. Next thing you know, those two are the most respected suits in town. Who knows.

The reason I'm sharing it like this, is to give an example of how I design some of my concepts. It may not be this experience for every single player who plays - no. But if it happens to someone, they will remember that moment. That's what makes a good game. (*Cough* Ultima Online)

Well I am finished here, if you are interested please contact me. I have a biased towards my ideas, thinking they are good because they are mine, but maybe you guys will find them worth building on.

Advertisement
Moved to Your Announcements. The offer of free game designs and the expression of
willingness to work together are both outside what's allowable in our discussion
forums. The discussion forums are for talking about ideas - you could share your
game concept for feedback, for instance. If you want to find people to work with
you, please post on the Hobby Project Classifieds.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thank you Tom!

Neat. For some reason I thought of the intro to half life 2 from bus depot description. Has starting potential. Something that may warrant further development, especially on the main game play side. Character customization is always cool.. See you around.

Neat. For some reason I thought of the intro to half life 2 from bus depot description. Has starting potential. Something that may warrant further development, especially on the main game play side. Character customization is always cool.. See you around.

Yeah I always thought that would be an awesome intro to a game. I have a bunch of other ideas for that one as well, from player ran rackets, ways to collect from buildings, respect system, reasons to stray away from random player killing, and organized crime party quests (Group Quests).

If anyone is interested in taking this idea and using it, please contact me and ill give you the full paper on the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement