• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Donar

How to cnfigurate Lumberyard

This topic is 583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys

I have a question about Lumberyard. I installed Lumberyard and now I have to configurate it with the Lumberyard Setup Assistant. But here is the problem...

In the tutorial by Amazon itself they said that I have to click the following fields:

[x] Run your game project

[x] Run the Lumberyard editor and tools

[x] Compile the game code

[x] Compile the Lumberyard editor and tools

And after clicking these fields 2 new appeared where I have to choose between Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015. I chose VS 2013 but I cant fing a download on the internet but I dont know if 2015 also works and if I need VS at all because in many YT-tutorials they just skiped it but unfortunaly I cant script or program so I think I need one of them.

Advertisement
It looks like the current way to get older versions of Visual Studio Community is:

- Make a Visual Studio Dev Essentials account (it's free) at: https://www.visualstudio.com/dev-essentials/
- Go to the download page at: https://my.visualstudio.com/downloads
- The old version downloads are all listed there.
- "Visual Studio Community 2013 with Update 5" is what you want if you want VS 2013. Edited by Nypyren

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!