• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Best platform/language to develop my game

This topic is 404 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

What is the best platform/language for the game I want to develop? I was thinking about a HTML5/Javascript browser game. But I would like to know what the experts are thinking. I want to consider whether it is interesting as a mobile game in the future and whether it's easy or not to rebuild a HTML5/Javascript game as a native app.

About the game short:
I've been thinking about a game-idea for a long time now. Now I started writing down the story and the feeling of the game. As a style it will be 2D Pixelart like Habbo. It will be a happy/fun game to play with a focus on developing skills while having friends around. Simply said: The style and environment of Habbo, but with the actions and skills of a game like Runescape.

I know it may not sound very clear to you now, but I don't want to go into it any further now.

The most important question I have now is what platform/language is the most suitable for the game.
Browser/native? HTML5/Unity? That kind of options haha

Thank you guys!

Edited by ThomasJozef

Advertisement

You can use any of those platforms to make this game. Nothing you have told us about the game affects the decision.

I personally would prefer Unity for such a game because I consider C# a better language than Javascript and because the Unity toolchain is more advanced and cohesive than what you'll find for HTML5. Unity will also allow you to deploy a native or mobile build relatively quickly, if you need, meaning you don't have to decide that now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement