• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MarkS

How to reset font size changed via ctrl + mouse wheel in VS 2015?

This topic is 490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I didn't know this was a thing and accidentally changed the size. The problem is that my mouse is pretty crappy and I cannot change it back to the default. The mouse wheel will only allow me to go from minimum to maximum without stops in between. I cannot find a setting to turn this off and fix it and now VS is useless. What do I do?

Advertisement

Usually Crtl+0 (zero) is the way to reset zoom to default state.

Ah, wait. It's VS. Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> should change zoom.

Or select zoom explicitly in small edit field with %% in the left bottom corner of window (speaking of VS community 2015 and 2017)

Edited by vstrakh

I can't get help, but but man, I can't stand that "feature" of VS. My mouse wheel moves by itself way too easily, and if I happen to be using the control key while coding (i.e. all the time) then the font changes. The only time I would ever want the font to change is if I were giving some kind of coding presentation (i.e. never).

Talk about designing for a rare case and ruining the common case as a result.

(There's a Fonts and Colors page in Options->Environment ... maybe something in there?)

I can't get help, but but man, I can't stand that "feature" of VS. My mouse wheel moves by itself way too easily, and if I happen to be using the control key while coding (i.e. all the time) then the font changes. The only time I would ever want the font to change is if I were giving some kind of coding presentation (i.e. never).

Talk about designing for a rare case and ruining the common case as a result.

Agreed!

There's addon to disable wheel zoom: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=NoahRichards.DisableMouseWheelZoom
It's still possible to change zoom with hot keys or by selecting zoom % manually.

Awesome! Downloaded!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!