How to reset font size changed via ctrl + mouse wheel in VS 2015?

Started by
3 comments, last by MarkS_ 7 years, 1 month ago
I didn't know this was a thing and accidentally changed the size. The problem is that my mouse is pretty crappy and I cannot change it back to the default. The mouse wheel will only allow me to go from minimum to maximum without stops in between. I cannot find a setting to turn this off and fix it and now VS is useless. What do I do?
Advertisement

Usually Crtl+0 (zero) is the way to reset zoom to default state.

Ah, wait. It's VS. Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> should change zoom.

Or select zoom explicitly in small edit field with %% in the left bottom corner of window (speaking of VS community 2015 and 2017)

I can't get help, but but man, I can't stand that "feature" of VS. My mouse wheel moves by itself way too easily, and if I happen to be using the control key while coding (i.e. all the time) then the font changes. The only time I would ever want the font to change is if I were giving some kind of coding presentation (i.e. never).

Talk about designing for a rare case and ruining the common case as a result.

(There's a Fonts and Colors page in Options->Environment ... maybe something in there?)

My mouse wheel moves by itself way too easily, and if I happen to be using the control key while coding (i.e. all the time) then the font changes.

There's addon to disable wheel zoom: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=NoahRichards.DisableMouseWheelZoom

It's still possible to change zoom with hot keys or by selecting zoom % manually.

I can't get help, but but man, I can't stand that "feature" of VS. My mouse wheel moves by itself way too easily, and if I happen to be using the control key while coding (i.e. all the time) then the font changes. The only time I would ever want the font to change is if I were giving some kind of coding presentation (i.e. never).

Talk about designing for a rare case and ruining the common case as a result.

Agreed!

There's addon to disable wheel zoom: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=NoahRichards.DisableMouseWheelZoom
It's still possible to change zoom with hot keys or by selecting zoom % manually.

Awesome! Downloaded!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement