Programmer looking for artists and/or musicians (beginner)

Started by
1 comment, last by paulusp 7 years, 1 month ago

Hi all,

I'm an experienced programmer who's quite new to game development. I've recently started a small project to build a basic mobile game in which you control a character who needs to dodge all sorts of hazards coming at him. The game is still in a pretty basic form, but most of the building blocks are in place: the guy can move around by tapping the screen, enemies are spawned as the game progresses, they can kill you and there is a basic application flow like pausing, restarting, etc.

The core idea is to start easy and increase the difficulty as you go through the phases increasing enemy movement speed, enemy spawn rate and add new enemy types. The game currently supports enemies which spawn at random places, enemies who come right at you and enemies which follow you around (sadly they all use the same sprite). When an enemy touches you, it's game over.
A demo can been seen here:

I'm looking for like minded people who have the skills I so clearly lack in the graphics and/or audio department. The current sprites are taken from an online Xamarin tutorial and there's no audio what so ever. I've got all kinds of idea and would love to hear yours, so we can create something cool together. I'm open to ideas regarding artwork, sounds effects, music and overall style of the game, but would also like a sparring partner for gameplay and other features for the game. Also, I consider this little game a starting point and would love to do more projects in the future.

This is a hobby project as far as I'm concerned and I have no plans to monetize at the moment. Just in case anyone wants to know, I'm using the MonoGame framework. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks in advance,
paulus

Advertisement

Hello!

I'm a hobby developer as well and I'd love to work with you in the audio department! I'm relatively new to music for games but I'm an amateur musician and have been producing recorded music for a bit. I'm not super talented in the art department but in a pinch I can do some art. I've also worked on small game projects before as a developer and could help out in development if necessary (but I'm no professional developer). I'd love to help out on your game and if you're interested in working together just shoot me a message and I'll get you my contact information!

Thanks,

Pixeltasim

Fixed the YouTube link. Somehow a space got tacked on. :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement