• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Fritz1
      QuizTime.live is a new quiz platform, a collection of skill games where you can win a LOT of money!
      The games are played in real time, with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 players.
      At special times there are tourneys, with an unlimited number of participants.
      The prize money depends on the number of players.

I would appreciate your feedback.
    • By Re.Far
      Hello!

We succeed to publish a small game on googleplay named "sting attack"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.room.stingsattack

Now we need help of someone experienced in marketing.
      We expect you be active and update our different pages each week and maybe each day. You should market this game and our other game (which is a large scale game for PC) and starts newly for develop.

If you are interested please let me know and please send your resume too.
      Thanks

Contact info: rezfar_8@yahoo.com

• By CocoaColetto
      Can I get in trouble for naming my game similar to one that's not in the same genre? For instance, if a game is named Playarada and I name my game Playarade, can I get in trouble? Be mindful that the games would be in two completely different genres. Thank you!
    • By DreamHack Activities
      3 Reasons Indies Should Apply for DreamHack's New Activities
      Coming to Austin June 1-3

We're expanding our DreamHack events to encompass a "Gaming Lifestyle" approach. So basically we're bringing a ton of new content to the already massive show that focuses on Indies, Tabletop, Films, Students, Art, and more. Of course this means we're making everything we're already doing even bigger and more awesome such as Esports, LAN, Music, Expo, and pretty much everything else.
      The Top 3 Activities Indies Should Apply For...
      1. Indie Playground: The Indie Playground is a curated area where games entered into our competition before the event have a chance to win a complimentary booth to showcase their game. The selected games are organized into 12 genre categories that are reflected in the layout of the Indie Playground. Multiple titles are selected for each genre ensuring attendees will enjoy as many indie titles as possible. It's free to enter and those selected will score a FREE 10'x10' booth. We're pretty flexible on what you can send us. If you're not finished with your game yet you can definitely still submit. We've judged and accepted tons of unfinished video games, tabletop, etc. before.
      Entry form....https://tinyurl.com/DH-IndiePlayground
      Deadline: April 20, 2018

2. Game Pitch Championship: The Game Pitch Championship was created to help build the skills you need to successfully get your product out there. Many developers are talented and either nail the build they have to show but don’t really nail the business plan or they nail the business plan and not the build. With a pitch, you have a short time to impress so you need to nail it all. This competition will not only help hone your skills with industry vets guiding your progress through the competition, but you’ll win accolades too. You could also win $2,500!
      Entry Form....https://tinyurl.com/DH-GamePitchChamp
      Prize: $2,500 USD

3. Art Gallery: Exactly as it sounds, our gallery showcases some of the most amazing artists in video games, tabletop, comics, anime, and more. DreamHack staff select a number of works then we just print cool art on canvas for FREE—your game gets a slice of advertising while our fans enjoy a non-TV wall on the expo floor. It doesn't even require you to be onsite for the event, so this one should be a no-brainer.
      Entry Form....https://tinyurl.com/DH-GameArtGallery

Good luck!! Reach out to sydney.mantrom@dreamhack.com for questions.

• By Squid Networks
      Important links

Website | Whitepaper | Onepager Facebook | Twitter | Telegram | LinkedIn
      SQUID token - SQWD

Opportunity for early supporters
      We are now at stage where we are able to start making connections with game developers who would be interested in being a part of Squid Networks in the future, not only would you be guaranteed a place on the Squid Platform but other incentives such as SQWD tokens and have a say in how the platform work, as after all game developers are extremely important in the market.
      If you are interested in be apart of Squid Networks please don't hesitate to get in touch respond on this thread or email us:
      business@squidnetworks.io
      Learn more about what we've done so far

Key developments
      Whitepaper version 1.0 is live - 05/04/18
      Video explainer is live - 10/04/18
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Marketing How to get the word out

This topic is 394 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, what are some good ideas for getting people to find your game? I've got a simple web site and a twitter account. I'm going to use the twitter account to show how I make games and give out other behind-the-scenes info. I've made a trailer and put it up on youtube. I'm thinking about starting a dev blog. And I've written down and plan to implement most every suggestion Extra Credits has made: 

Any other ideas?

Advertisement

what are some good ideas for getting people to find your game?

Hire a marketing company if you have limited skills.  If you've done research and have acquired a minimum competency level then do your own marketing.

There is an enormous body of skills for marketing, just like any professional work. Also there are costs for marketing, most people and organizations won't advertise your stuff unless you give them something.  Exactly what that "something" is varies, from millions of dollars, to t-shirts and hats, to pre-made graphics. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement