Sign in to follow this  
laiyierjiangsu

How to find the dxgi version of directx in pc?

Hi, guys ,

In a PC with win7 sp1 installed but no Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu installed, we successfully created SwapChain but got a notification that Gamelib created it failed.
  I have used CreateDXGIFactory1 to create idxfactory1 ,and enum adapters ,created3ddevice , but when I createswapchain ,I have encountered this error as follows, the picture can not be upload .
 But If I changed the api CreateDXGIFactory1 to CreateDXGIFactory, it create swapchain succefully. Does anybody encounter this problem as me?

That's the DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL error. There should be a debug message telling you specifically what parameters you have wrong.

When I change CreateDXGIFactory1 to CreateDXGIFactory, there is no error. The only thing that bug me is a questiong that How can I make a decision between CreateDXGIFactory1  and CreateDXGIFactory.

Tks!

Could you post the code from the adapter enumeration until the swap chain creation?

The code is easy ,I have used the wrong api.

Tks! I want to know is that why mircrosoft offer two api for CreateDXGIFactory which really bothers me.

On Windows Vista and Windows 7 without the Platform Update (2670838), DXGI 1.0 only enumerates GPUs with monitors attached. DXGI 1.1 enumerates all GPUs, including those that don't have monitors attached.

On Windows 7 with the Platform Update and newer, both APIs enumerate adapters in the same way. At least, I think that the enumeration convergence ended up going down to Windows 7, but that may have only been Windows 8.