Trevor10

Inexperienced Programmer Available

I hope I don’t make myself sound less capable than I am, but I am going to be honest about my experience and knowledge. I’ve only worked on one game that I made for a class in college. It was a 2D game similar to Space Invaders that was written in Lua/LOVE. I don’t have knowledge of advanced mathematics. I am familiar with Lua, JavaScript, Java, and Python. I have not done much programming over the last few years and look forward to getting back to it.

I have time and a willingness to learn. For at least the next 5 months, I don’t have to work and can devote myself to a game, or two depending on requirements. I am a quick study and am sure that within a few weeks I can have a basic, but useful amount of knowledge about whatever language/engine the game is using.

I am only interested in working on desktop games and am not particular about the type of game. As a long-time gamer, I have always wanted to contribute to a video game and now I have the time to do so.

I am an adult and my timezone is EST.

Thank you for your consideration,

Trevor

My email address is:

comdkeen@gmail.com

This is a tough one. When I made my post I hadn't anticipated working on a game that is so far along in development. I've thought of learning C++ multiple times, but never committed. For right now, this game is larger than I'm prepared to take on. I'll keep the repository bookmarked in case I change my mind. Thank you.

Hi Trevor,

If you're looking for Desktop/PC game development and have previous experience with managed languages, perhaps you'd be interested in StarDrive - BlackBox, a real-time 4X game? The game is written in C#/XNA and is a continued development of the original game, so it's strictly a hobby project. It's a game with a ton of potential and a codebase that needs a lot of love.

We are currently in the progress of refactoring and adding new combat features along with a general storyline. There's a lot to do and improve, so it's a project where you can definitely contribute easily.
Here's the link to our Bitbucket page: https://bitbucket.org/CrunchyGremlin/sd-blackbox
Here's our Discord dev chat: https://discord.gg/gnQQv5C
And here's an example of current (refactored) code: sd-blackbox/Gameplay/SpatialManager.cs

If you're interested, join us in our Discord chat!  :)

--
Regards,

StarDrive BlackBox Team

stardrive_blackbox.png

Hi trevor , I don't know if you found yourself a team yet , but just in case we could pair and learn a bit from each others I believe.

I'm Programmer-Analyst Java Developer mainly but im good in C#/JS/C/C++ and other Server side language and RDBMS.

I'm trying to start a 2d shooter game in C# if you have any interest. If your skill in Java OOP is good you will feel like home.

I don't know much about Python so we could maybe exchange a bit of information or just focus on creating nice code in C# .

Cya.

Edited by yolan51

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, TheRedFox said:

Hi Trevor,

If you're looking for Desktop/PC game development and have previous experience with managed languages, perhaps you'd be interested in StarDrive - BlackBox, a real-time 4X game? The game is written in C#/XNA and is a continued development of the original game, so it's strictly a hobby project. It's a game with a ton of potential and a codebase that needs a lot of love.

We are currently in the progress of refactoring and adding new combat features along with a general storyline. There's a lot to do and improve, so it's a project where you can definitely contribute easily.
Here's the link to our Bitbucket page: https://bitbucket.org/CrunchyGremlin/sd-blackbox
Here's our Discord dev chat: https://discord.gg/gnQQv5C
And here's an example of current (refactored) code: sd-blackbox/Gameplay/SpatialManager.cs

If you're interested, join us in our Discord chat!  :)

--
Regards,

StarDrive BlackBox Team

stardrive_blackbox.png

I would like to work with you're team possibly, I myself am working on a space shooter in Unity right now and the toughest part so far has been implementing AI.