Looking for concept artist and level designer.

Started by
1 comment, last by Adam-Matic Gaming 7 years ago
Hey! We are a team of 5 people that are in need of some people for our project. We are right now looking for a concept artist and a level designer. If you can do both that would be great. I will go. a bit more in detail about the game later and it's story etc... But the games is a 3rd person 3D platformer.

Here is what we're looking for.

Concept Artist:

You will make refrence images, blueprints for objects, Characters, Enviroments etc... That the 3D will follow to make the final product.

Requirements:

- Be able to draw good enough from diffrent angles so the 3D Artist's can follow it.
- Be able to make concept art from ideas.
- Be able to draw cartoony looking characters, Props, Objects etc...
- Be creative

Level Designer:

You will design the levels of the game and together with the concept artist design the specific areas.

Requirements:

- Be able to design working levels for games.
- Be able to draw good enough for a 3D artist to follow your blueprints of the levels.
- Be able to work with the concept artist to make the levels feel alive.
- Be able to draw cartoony looking areas. Similar to games like Super Mario and Zelda?

Remember that alot of the people in the team is new to their role and the games made are to begin with very simple and we're all just looking for ways to improve. The game will be released for free and no revenue will be earned.

And also you don't have to worry about being good. We are looking for people to improve with. You don't need to be good as a concept artist or level designer. Just good enough to be able to make something. Remember we're doing it all for fun.

If you would like to apply please answer these questions in the comments or in a PM.

1. Which role do you want to apply to?
2. How good would you consider yourself to be?
3. Do you meet all the requirements listed?
4. Which timezone are you in?
5. If you have any portfolio we can view please post a link to it here.

Have a nice day :)
Advertisement

Would be interested in either role. I've been trolling this site for roles on teams and I'm looking to learn more areas of game design. I have a pretty good grasp on level design and I know how to sketch (cartooning is actually the only style I can do, so... works for me :D) but I might have some issues with the multiple angles thing at first.

Just an inquiry as I'd likely need more information on the actual project itself before I could commit myself. I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time if I don't think I could properly contribute. Though if we're talking 90s platformers, that would definitely be a strongsuit of mine in terms of knowledge of design. If you're thinking of something along the lines of Super Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie then I'm down.

Also I just thought I'd answer all of the questions in one fell swoop.

Either or, though I'd likely favour level designer. Heck, if it isn't too much trouble I could likely dabble in both when applicable and appropriate. I can draw and understand basic design principles, but I also understand what makes an effective and engaging level (thank you Doom Editor, Mario Maker, the Skyrim Mod Creator and more, you've opened my eyes to what it actually takes to design engrossing areas in games). If you would like to designate me to one or the other though, that's fine by me.

Pretty good, though not at a level that I could get payed to do it.

Yes.

EST, middle of Ontario. It's 12:00 for me right now so compare that with the time this says it was posted and you're good.

Not a portfolio of sorts, though I did draw up a random area in about an hour I've called Frigid Forest. No real inspiration or anything, and it's pretty run of the mill, but I think it conveys my style and overall skill quite nicely, even if it's only in black and white. I would obviously scan future drawings to make the viewing proportions and colours as accurate as possible, it's just that I wanted to get this out as soon as possible (again, 12:00). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B297bZUrlecCQmhsOUxzRGFySmc?usp=sharing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement