Game environment

Started by
5 comments, last by Seekrish 7 years ago

Hi,

I want to try create game environment for my game but I don't know to decide which photo is best to inspiration. Which environment is the best.

Can you help me with deciding?

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmmX7oK9Rg3VS-qC6eNY8XfICSCsKJc1U43TC6sOMvOi1Eqg/viewform

There is just one question.

Thanks!

Advertisement

> I want to try create game environment for my game but I don't know to decide which photo is best to inspiration. Which environment is the best.

Dang. That's not how inspiration works.

> Which environment would you prefer for a game environment. The story will be add later does depend on the image. *

All those images are good quality illustrations, with different mood and ambient. You will have a bad time (a.k.a. creativity block) if you are going to make your story based simply on that (and decided by other people). World-building is better made when you relate with it somehow.

Exactly what Felip said. I would heavily recommend determining (by yourself, for yourself) what kind of unique aspects or traits that your world will have. (I.E. When does it take place, what era can this world most closely be associated with, how it came to be, what kind of cultures are there and how do those cultures influence local architecture/design, etc. etc.)

Start thinking about those things, brainstorm ideas, write them down, and re-iterate on those ideas as you go along. That'll do a hell of a lot more for inspiration than a couple reference images. But those are helpful too.

Making a game is tough and requires a lot of tedious/mindless work. You should find something that inspires YOU not someone else. It will be this inspiration that drives you to keep working on the game. So it should speak to you, not someone else.

Yes thats right. I already have a simple story(scraps of story), but in every environment will a little differences. These photos inspired me, all of them.

Just pick one. You can't outsource all your decisions.

Yes thats right. I already have a simple story(scraps of story), but in every environment will a little differences. These photos inspired me, all of them.

If all the photos give you the inspiration for the game then try take the specific things you like about each picture and merge them together. If you can draw, you can create a concept art for these references.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement