ArenaPVP - Play multiplayer games and earn money!

Started by
9 comments, last by ArenaPVP 7 years ago

Hi!
I'm working with my team on project called "ArenaPVP". It's a website where you can play multiplayer games like a League of Legends for real money! There is still a lot of work to do, so we organized a campaign 3 days ago to gather needed funds on indiegogo. Check our campaign for details: https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/e2b52c7f

On site, a user who create a new clan is a captain. Captains can create new tournaments, after he choose a size of it (small - 4 teams with 5 players participating, medium - 8 teams with 5 players, and big - 16 teams with 5 players). When he already set a size of tournament, he must set a:
- Tournament name
- Maps
- Start date of tournament (Year, month, day, hour)
- Match stake ("Match stake" is a amount of money taking from each player participating in tournament, which is holding into "match pot". For example: Captain set a match stake to 5$ in tournament for 4 teams with 5 player in them. Then this 5$ is taking from each player account who belongs to the clan, and it's transferred into match pot. Thats give 4x5=20 players in this tournament so the match pot is 20x5$=100$-10% of service commision, thats give a 90$ for a winner clan! 90$/5=18$ for each player!) Minimum match stake is 5$ (The stake is set every 5$. Thats mean 5$,10$,15$,20$...) and there is no limitations for maximum stake.

Game can be spectated by all. There is unlimited number of tournaments what can be played at the same time on our site.
After completing all the proces with creating a tournament, there is generating a links for all players who belongs to this captains clan. In that link every player from clan can see tournament conditions set by captain. If EVERY player from clan accepted a conditions, then that tournament starts to be visible to other clans. If other clans wants to join to this tournament, then is has to be done almost in the same way as a creating of tournament. Captain from other clan have to save his clan to participate in the tournament, if he do that, then to the rest of players from his clan receive links with tournament conditions to accept. If every player accept it, then officially a new clan has ben saved to tournament. If numbers of clans required for tournament start is filled properly before expire of start date, then system generate a "Tournament codes" for participating clans, which are sended to each player about 30 minutes before start. Tournament pairs are also drawn by a system. From each pair, system choose a "waiting room captain" who is responsible for starting game after all needed players join. Thats allow to start two or more matches of tournament at the same time.

Game is not preinstalled on my page, every player uses his own copy of game from his computer. After player receive a tournament code, he starts a game launcher and then login in to his account, choose "play", then choose "custom game"---> Tournament codes, and here he paste a code what he received from my page and click on "join the game". Now he is inside of "waiting room" and waits until all players gather here. Next step is a "lobby" where players choose a characters, and after that a game is start.

If match is finished, our page systems downloads all statistics of the game from Riot servers by ID, and match pot is splitted to all players from winner clan (After charging 10% of service commision).

If required number of teams participating in tournament is not going to be filled before date start, then this tournament is cancelled and money returns to players.

If required number of teams in tournament is filled before start date, but in "waiting room" some players are not join in, then tournament is going to start anyway, so choose your team mates carefully.

Every information about a tournaments, matches inside of tournaments, and players are visible by a admins. So if "waiting room captain" going to ban another player (yes he can, it's a game feature and we can't change it) then match is cancelled after it's someone report this to admins that captain going to lose ALL his money from his account, and his account will be banned.

We can gather all this informations using a API keys from Riots. We have this API already integrated with a site, but size of functionality is enormous. Our hired programmers after a month of learning this API, met it in about 80% already.

I'm a user of closed community of developers related to League of Legends game. There are peoples who working on their own project and wants to know if they ideas are possible to achieve, and gets some help from Rioters (workers of Riot studio) or from other users. As I know, this project is possible to achive, I've speak with a Rioter. Our programmers are conviced too, that this project is going to work smiley.gif

Share our project from Indiegogo on Facebook if you want to help, or make a donate. Minimum size of donate is even 1$.

Thanks to all!

Advertisement

Reported to indiegogo for stolen art/TOS violation of gambling site.

This is my main account: https://www.gamedev.net/user/206824-conquestor3/

But google logins aren't working right now, so this is my temporary one.

Reported to indiegogo for stolen art/TOS violation of gambling site.

Gambling? Where you see gambling? Our terms of use and privacy policy was written by a lawyer on our behalf. We have a contract with company what cares about legitimate business on the internet. In my country gambling is not allowed, read a definition of gambling first. Unlike gambling, there is everything depends only on your own abilities.

Project has been checked by a indiegogo already. There is always a someone who's trying to ruining someones work. Thanks to be an assh*le #conquestorbugged I have hope that you are proud and fully satisfied.

Wagering on the outcome of a match is gambling.

Gambling sites are against the TOS of indiegogo

Regardless, your country respects the DMCA, which your branding also violates.

In the modern world you can't just make a gambling site, slap on a couple pictures of Goku, and start begging for donations.

I change a main picture of campaign already. My site is vaildated by a company http://legalniewsieci.pl it's nothing illegal, especially there is no gambling here. If indiegogo wants to prove that, then I will prove this to them.

Dude, you swapped it from a copyrighted image of Goku to a copyrighted image from this guy

http://arlen10.deviantart.com/art/League-of-Legends-Wallpaper-Full-HD-321543181

Riot only has these as approved IP images for third party distribution

http://www.riotgames.com/asset-kit/league-of-legends

Seriously, you're just going to get yourself sued or DMCA'd if you continue this.

"Dude" where is writed, that image is copyrighted? Read a comments first, he's making a small changes to original lol wallpaper. On deviantart publicate a someones work is against them TOS too, so why this wallpaper is still there for almost 4 years already? A miracle?

If you trying to get an API code for your project you have to applicate first to Riot. I already got this API after my site has been checked by a Rioter. You can get an API only from them, ONLY. That doesn't mean that I'm in partnership with Riot. There are many sites who use this API, if you can get through application, you can do that, what API allows you, simple.

I don't understand why you searching a problems where they are not exsist? My project is not in work for a month, first ideas was created in 2015. I'm not breaking any law, for these years I taking a good care about this, I wrote this earlier than on legality of my business take care a company what know a law regulations.

Ooo... I almost forgot... You can report this wallpaper to deviantart too because is against their TOS!

"Dude" where is writed, that image is copyrighted?

Every content that someone makes is copyrighted by default, it is automatic. This is basic. If the company that you have a contract with doesn't inform you that, then you should contract a new company. Any content creator (developer/artist) should know the basics of copyright laws (which are international).

Read a comments first, he's making a small changes to original lol wallpaper. On deviantart publicate a someones work is against them TOS too, so why this wallpaper is still there for almost 4 years already? A miracle?

If that's not his/her work, he/her is wrong, too. But, you are even in a more dangerous position, because you are making direct money from it. Also, since when two wrongs make a right???

Also, after reading the description of how the game works, that does look a lot like gambling.

Take the advice from @conquestorbugged. You are in dangerous waters.

You just skipped a rest of my post. I wrote that I speak with Rioter already about my site using a "Discord" chat. I was invited to a RiotAPIDevCommunity, there i described all mechanisms of my site and it's been review by a Rioter already. He told me to change some site mechanism, gives me a list of work to do and now this works are realized by a programmers.

Tell me, if I create a wallpaper, and then someone make a copy of this, how can I proof thats is my creation?

If I invent a new patent, then it's registered in Patent and Trademark Office by automatic ?way?

I'm not dumb, I taking a good care to make this project sticked to law regulations.

into "match pot". For example: Captain set a match stake to 5$ in tournament for 4 teams with 5 player in them. Then this 5$

Gambling? Where you see gambling? Our terms of use and privacy policy was written by a lawyer on our behalf.

Gambling: The act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning.

Your idea isn't bad, there is a open market for gambling games and this is a new type of gambling that could be common place in the future.

Because of the bad reputation of gambling, you will have a hard time using crowd funding sites; however there are other legal ways of gaining donations for this type of project.

where is writed, that image is copyrighted?

There is something known as the "Poor Man's digital copyright", it's not iron glad however works in small cases, that rounds down to the person who made/uploaded the file first is the copyright owner. Second the IP of the characters belongs to Riot Games, so even if that person made the art, told you that you can use it, you would need to contact Riot Games and ask them for permission to use the image containing there Intellectual property.(This is very simplified, you should ask your lawyer about it)

Tell me, if I create a wallpaper, and then someone make a copy of this, how can I proof thats is my creation?

There are digital time stamps, websites you uploaded to also keep track, your internet provider could also have some data stored based on your agreements; these things can be "hacked" however in most small cases they pass.

You just skipped a rest of my post. I wrote that I speak with Rioter already about my site using a "Discord" chat.

Doesn't count as permission, neither does email. You need at least a legal documents signed by both parties and a witness. As a artist I do a lot of these it can cost up to $200 USD to provide someone with legal security to use work, that I gave them; for FREE!

Look, your idea is brilliant, don't waste it by playing childish games. Gambling is a adult game, recognize your mistakes, get proper legal advice, get a working prototype of the game and setup a legal donation site. There are lot's of people who like gambling and will be willing to fund you if you can prove your game works.

Good luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement