• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
moeen k

Unity some info about qt and xamarin

This topic is 614 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi.

I want to know advantages and disadvantages of qt and xamarin in many aspects. as I want o make a cross platform mobile app, I want to know which one give lower output size? which one is easier to learn? I

have some knowledge on html and css and java script but not so much in xaml. I know c# and c++ both but c# better. I have worked on xamarin in unity.  as I searched there are many different versions of qt. I want to know which one is which. it looks for android you have to download android version and for ios you have download ios one but its said you can simply port code to each other. and what are limitations of free version of qt.

thank you for helping me

Advertisement

I want to know which one give lower output size?

That's mostly irrelevant to games. Typically your own artwork and audio sizes will dwarf everything else.  It's typical these days to have 50MB-100MB packages and nearly all of it comes from your own content rather than your library.

which one is easier to learn?

That depends on you and your prior knowledge.  Since you wrote that you've worked with Xamarin before it would probably be easier than QT because you've already got experience.

I want to know which one is which. it looks for android you have to download android version and for ios you have download ios one but its said you can simply port code to each other.

The QT libraries do some things, but not all the things.  You mentioned experience with Unity. Unity does all the cross-platform work for you, and has gone through much effort to ensure the developer's code runs the same on each platform.

If you are doing it yourself then you are the one who needs to do the cross-platform work, you need to make sure your code runs on each platform. 

what are limitations of free version of qt.

They have a web site with that information.  Those limitations may impact you, or they may not, depending on what you are planning to do. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!