C/C++ programmer looking to partner up for a non serious side project

Started by
9 comments, last by Acar 6 years, 12 months ago

I'm a self taught c/c++ programmer with a few years of non commercial experience and written a range of non commercial applications. I do have a bit of experience with OpenGL(like I have written a parser/renderer for a certain model file format and written few mini games) but lack in more advanced 3D programming topics.

I'm already working on another project which takes a good chunk of my time so I would like to take it easy with this one. Main objective in this project would be to explore 3D programming techniques and apply them to whatever game we would be working on. Needless to say that the person I am to partner up with would be free of any task and choose to contribute whenever, to whatever.

I was thinking of an abstract online rpg as the genre for the game. 'Abstract' as in world, characters, etc. to reduce the need for models. I'd be in charge of networking as it is the subject I'm most comfortable with. That said, I'm opened for better suggestions.

If you're interested, feel free to message me here.

Advertisement

Hello AcarX,

I'm looking for something like this. Would you like to work at the engine level and go up from there or do you want to start with a pre-existing engine?

Hey,

I was thinking of starting from the very start. As in creating a window using OS api(CreateWindow(Ex) for windows for ex.), creating a render context for OpenGL, etc. The word 'engine' is pretty scary so I guess I'd call it working on a set of tools to help us build a game.

Nice name by the way :)

Hello again,

You and I have a similar goal in mind, add me on skype, i'll see if i can PM you the name

- David

Done :)

hi , is this thead still on , I already made a game engine draw 2D stuffs , now you guy need to do the editor , my last update :

I too have PM'd you sir about this. Hope you add me on skype so we can discuss.

I would be interested in helping, but I am a complete beginner. PM me if interested.

wait , whose skype ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement