Sign in to follow this  
gomidas

C# SharpDX how to implement 2d text rendering on direct3d11 device ?

I use direct3d11 to render my polygons I use multiple layers on same form. I want to render text on same form but I can not do that when I try that, I create over it which is already rendered and that flickers cleared screen for 2d and 3d same time. I have to do that over 3d device. Then I will render text over rendered 3d scene. I do not know how to do that. What is the right way ?

In short. Yes you have to render your text into the scene. The reason it flickers is draw calls from the gdi are being over written by d3d.

Which does require a bit of roll your own implementation for text writing as you guessed correctly. It needs to be drawn into the scene.

There are some free font to bitmap tools or there which you can create textures. You need to write a class to cut these up and texture to polygons.

If you find yourself at a loose end i can send you my class for doing writing. Pm and i will send the c# code.

In short. Yes you have to render your text into the scene. The reason it flickers is draw calls from the gdi are being over written by d3d.

Which does require a bit of roll your own implementation for text writing as you guessed correctly. It needs to be drawn into the scene.

There are some free font to bitmap tools or there which you can create textures. You need to write a class to cut these up and texture to polygons.

If you find yourself at a loose end i can send you my class for doing writing. Pm and i will send the c# code.

So I get from answer I will not able to mix direct 2d text drawing on 3d scene I will create textures from font files. Still, I will use 3d drawing but that will look like 2d.

Edited by gomidas

So I get from answer I will not able to mix direct 2d text drawing on 3d scene I will create textures from font files. Still, I will use 3d drawing but that will look like 2d.

Correct, you will need to render the the textured polygons into your scene.