Engine vs Creation Kit

Started by
0 comments, last by Akura 24 years, 3 months ago
Im doing a engine and i think with a little of work i can make a game creation kit with it ! 2 questions what should i try engine selling or gAME creation kit selling ? to whom whould i take my lib/gck to ? some publisher what ?? thks ps. oh one special to dave, what is the maximum size for artifacts maps ??? 1000x1000 ??? lower or higer ?? bye Edited by - Akura on 1/22/00 3:33:23 PM
It's good to be an outcast, you don't need to explain what you do, you just do it and say you don't belong there.
Advertisement
Go for the game creation kit composed of separate, reusable libraries that encapsulate various features (2D library, sound library, etc.). But don''t expect to sell it...if you use it for your own purposes and create several games, you''ll more than have made your money back. If you do try to sell it, know that you''re competing with "free" Open Source projects.

On the Artifact question...I gave all those details in the "Tile/Map-Base Game Base Data Structures" article... ;-)

But, because I''m nice:

Artifact''s maps are 800x400. We didn''t want to go any larger than that at the time because of the RAM and processing requirements. But with RAM prices coming down, and more poeople having at least 64MB, it might be feasible to crank that up.

DavidRM
Samu Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement