Sign in to follow this  
Intonarumori

New Member: Alternative music for Mass Effects Trailer

Hi,

I`ve always wanted to work as a video game music composer, but have been scared to try. After years as a professional student, endlessly studying music and other subject, I thought i would be a good idea to throw myself into the real world and start seeing what people think of my work. Keep in mind this is the first piece that I have synced to video. 

I recently stumbled across the Mass Effects 3 trailer. Apart from the music, I thought the video was amazing. So...I decided to re-compose the trailer soundtrack.

Please let me know what you think! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U54AhROwWiw

Nice work ! the mood you create is really good, in my opinion you could develop a bit more your song to fit with different actions that we see in the video. When you add women voices when the girl see the ship, it works really well, i would do more effects like that during the video.

Good work anyway !

Trailer music has to go from 0 to 11 really quickly. They also has to develop a strong sense of the brand so the viewer is left with a solid impression of that product. While your opening is nice, it doesn't go nearly far enough throughout the pace of the trailer. I also agree with the earlier post - you need to do more to make your music match up with the visuals. Especially at the end tag with the logo. Having a fade out there doesn't make the music feel like it fits really. Instead it makes the music feel like it's taped on top of the visuals instead of being a part of the visuals. 

There were moments where you could do a lot more growth and build up in your instrumentation and production as well. It's a great start! Now dig it and really see how far you can take it! Thanks for sharing! 

Nate