Weird fears?

Started by
25 comments, last by MarcusAseth 6 years, 7 months ago
14 hours ago, cowsarenotevil said:

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that part of the whole point of computers is that they always do exactly the same thing with the same inputs, in which case unpredictable behavior is especially surprising.

It's probably more to do with the fact that most people don't understand how computers actually work, and people fear the unknown. The fact that so many aspects of our lives are computer controlled only fuels the fear.

Advertisement

I don't like dogs and feel on edge when walking past them, because when I was a tiny kid I got chased by a pack of wild dogs who were easily my size.

For some reason most dogs also feel on edge when I'm around.

9 hours ago, LennyLen said:

It's probably more to do with the fact that most people don't understand how computers actually work, and people fear the unknown. The fact that so many aspects of our lives are computer controlled only fuels the fear.

But that'd suggest that fear of computer glitches would be inversely proportional to knowledge about computers, which anecdotally doesn't seem to be the case. On the contrary, it seems to me like people who know more about computers get more uncomfortable when a computer does something unsettling. 

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

Hmm, so my weird fear is sort of a "combo", I mean on their own I'm not scared of garages, or wolves particularly - however I do have a rather specific fear that whenever I open a door into a garage (not the main door, like the one between the house an garage) there are going to be like a pack of wolves .... really not sure why there would ever be wolves waiting to attack me in a garage, but thats where my mind always goes when I have to open garage doors O.o

I hate copyrights because if you have to same idea you can't make stuff. Copyrights are evil and so are the people who make them. Not idea is truely original and is built off of other ideas. This is a bully thing.

Also fear negative people as they can cause you to lose interest in a project. I don't mind constructive criticism but not excessive negativity.

Roaches scare me because they can get into my computer and damage it. They've doing it to x-boxes before so I keep the house extra clean and avoid letting dumpsters into the house.

Liquid ass because it stinks and skunks as they naturally produce this nasty substance.

Money is another fear I have because you actually need it and sometimes your hobby can turn into something to pay bills and stuff. This, of course, could make me lose interest in the project entirely because it becomes just about money.

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

4 hours ago, francoisdiy said:

I hate copyrights because if you have to same idea you can't make stuff. Copyrights are evil and so are the people who make them. Not idea is truely original and is built off of other ideas. This is a bully thing.

(Emphasis added.)

If you believe this you are mistaken, and you should research what copyright actually is.

Ideas are explicitly not covered by copyright. You cannot copyright ideas.

Hello to all my stalkers.

6 hours ago, Lactose said:

(Emphasis added.)

If you believe this you are mistaken, and you should research what copyright actually is.

Ideas are explicitly not covered by copyright. You cannot copyright ideas.

Once the idea turns into something tangible, it can be. ;)

oo this ones fun. I think one of my biggest fears is complete confusion, like having alzheimer's or dementia, or getting hit in the head really hard and just being ruined. That and bugs

I don't think I have any real fears, rather just things I dislike or find annoying.  I also can't recall having an actual nightmare, though I have had dreams that have woken me up from surprise.  One in particular was actually quite funny...

I had one dream where I was working on my car, hunched over the front working in the engine bay.  I turned around to grab another wrench from my toolbox, and there's a Skyrim bear in all it's digital glory and he takes a swipe at me just as I turn around and notice him.

That one didn't just wake me up, but had me bolt upright in my bed blurting out, "What the f#@%!" in exactly the same fashion as a few days earlier when I was playing Skyrim, sneaking through the woods, and turned around to find a bear right behind me, attacking me just as I see him.

So that's about the closest thing I've had to a nightmare, that I can remember anyways.  I rarely remember my dreams though.

i actually love when i get nightmares, they are exciting, and i like being freaked out. like a free horror movie.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement