Nehe Lesson 43: Some characters not printing

Started by
1 comment, last by CrazyCdn 7 years ago

When I run Nehe lesson 43 as is using Test.ttf at 16 height a few characters won't print. The uppercase Y, the lowercase g,p, and y. And when I alter the height it gets different. Different characters are missing when I put in height of 48 instead. I add glPixelStorei(GL_PACK_ALIGNMENT, 1); and glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1); to the init code and no change. Anyone had this issue or have any idea what might be happeing? Adding glPixelStore and changing the height is the only way I altered the original tutorial source, btw

Advertisement

You know that tutorial is very, very old right? It still uses OpenGL 2.x. There are far more modern examples out there.

https://learnopengl.com/#!In-Practice/Text-Rendering

But from the sounds of your post, you might be jumping in beyond your knowledge of programming and graphics. Check out the link above, should serve you much better unless there is a reason you want to use tech that is almost 10 years old? (OpenGL 3.0 was released in 2008)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement