C++/C#/C/Js programmer looking for a passionate hobbyist team

Started by
2 comments, last by jamespetts 6 years, 11 months ago

Hey all,

I currently work as a Junior game programmer, and i'd love to find some people to work on a side project with :-). I would just strike out on my own but i'm a little scared anything I do on my own would drag my portfolio down or at the least be overshadowed.

Unfortunately I've signed an invention clause, so basically I can't sell anything I work on. Anyways, I have a decent amount of experience with C++98 and modern C++, as well as a couple of libraries that offered modern C++ features before C++11 like boost. I've less experience and no commercial experience with Js/C and C#. I've put Js there as I've played about a bit with canvas and webgl so I might be of some use as far as web deployment goes.

Also, I've literally no skill as for as drawing/animation/modelling etc... go, but I am looking to start drawing in my free time and i'd be happy to trade time teaching someone how to program in return for being taught some drawing techniques :) .

Advertisement
Hi! I'm surprised nobody has responded yet. I'd love some help and we are working on a game we'll be giving away so no problems there and no financial complications. Also, you're right; striking out on your own is scary and very hard, but it's been great so far for my project. Anyway, please take a look at my post and let me know if it looks interesting! I am a dev with 5 years of professional experience but I've been coding for decades, so hopefully I could help you learn and grow your skills too. I've done it a bit with the other dev currently on the team and it's been great having him helping out. However, we needed art and he turned out to be really good at it so he's done very little programming recently and I could use the assistance! Here is my post: https://www.gamedev.net/topic/687881-programmers-pixel-artists-simple-rts/ Enduinn

any interesting on this project :

Might you be interested in transport simulation, by any chance? If so, you would be more than welcome to work on Simutrans-Extended (a free, open source game released under the Artistic Licence 1.0, a fork of the original Simutrans that aims for greater realism, but remains close to its progenitor). See here for a list of projects, and here for a list of high level design goals. Here is a recent in-depth discussion about a particular feature currently under consideration, to give you an idea of how design and development is currently progressing.

Here are some screenshots:

facebook-cover.png

gnr-7ft-single-and-1870s-4wheel-carriage

tram-wires-demonstration-2.png

Do let me know if you are interested, and I can help you to get started.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement