Searching for team to create an online competitive rts inspired game

Started by
3 comments, last by Feliwir 6 years, 11 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am a 20 years old student from Belgium who has been toying around with programming and some basic modelling for a couple of years now.

For a while now i have been wandering around thinking of creating a game, but most of the time my ideas cant be realised by just one person. This time i want to work with a team, create a game that everyone of the team want and loves to work on. I want to make sure everyone who would want to jump in to this adventure with me knows that this is still just a hobby and if there would ever happen to be a revenue it will be shared. Though it is not the main objective to make a profit, it is the objective to learn, create and most of all make new friends. My vision of the game:

-RTS inspired

-4vs4(or something similar kinda depends on the final game design we will come up with)

-each person has his clan and his positive/negative points though not everyone will be working on the same thing the entire time(explained more deeply if you would decide to join)

-Try to minimize a match time to approximately30 min .

-Start off simple then expand the game, games need time to be build(like a LOT)

i have written down the game as i see it, this doesnt mean you dont have an input! One of the most important things about game creation that i have learned to appreciate is "love your game". I believe everyone should have input and everyone who will work on it should love the game thats why i want to group up with the people who work on it and try to get everyones idea about it.

Who am i looking to join the team?

If you believe you got something to add to the team then just send me a message or post here at this topic. Got some sort of portfolio laying around? feel free to add it!

Advertisement

Hello,

I'd be wary of starting with an RTS.

I'm doing an RTS, and it's one of the most complex and time consuming ventures, especially a 3D one.

RTS is a type of game that takes years,

You can see our work in my signature, but understand it took us 6-7 years to get to where we are now.

Add on online multiplayer and you got more than a hand full, who will pay for the server networking?

Just saying...

You can PM me if you want to discuss this more, but from my experience, an RTS is a very long investment.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

Hey, i am long time C++ programmer. Since RTS is my favorite genre I'd like to help aswell. You can PM me for more information

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement