• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AustinARPL

Hiring someone below the age of 18

This topic is 540 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I started a game development company about a year ago, and recently we had someone that is aged 16, I was wondering if anyone has any information on the legality of getting him to sign an NDA? Would I have to get one of his parents to co-sign it? Or can he just sign it by himself?

Any information would be great!

Advertisement

Talk to a local attorney who knows business law.

In general I know minors can disavow almost all contracts, and there are cases where employers are expected to have the contract taken to the courts for a quick affirmation hearing before the child works so they cannot disavow it later.

It is potentially terribly expensive to get wrong, so talk to a business attorney before hiring or providing the NDA.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!