More game projects (like Gauntlet)

Started by
0 comments, last by DarkMage139 24 years, 3 months ago
I think Gamedev.Net would be a whole lot cooler if you had more game projects. A game project for each of the more popular genres would be really great. Some people enjoy working on a specific type. For instance, I prefer to work on first-person shooters and RPGs. You people could make a really cool RPG, or even a Heretic clone. Personally, I think these game projects are some of the best things that happen in a game programming site.
- DarkMage139
Advertisement
We will probably not have anymore game peojects that are administered by members of our staff. HOWEVER, we will very likely add additional features and whatever we need to to empower our visitors to create and administer their own projects. We need to settle on the details, so that''s about all I can say.

For the most part, we want to see the Gauntlet project through to the end before comitting to anything. We want to see what works well, what doesn''t, and how we can make sure that future peojects have a high success rate. One of the stigmas of the Gauntlet project has been that, to my knowledge, no project like it has ever succeeded. We aim to change that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement