All my posts deleted?

Started by
7 comments, last by samoth 6 years, 11 months ago

What the title says :P

I noticed that my post in "Implementing an internally linked list via inheritance" was suddenly gone. Looking at my profile, zero topics and zero posts are shown. Reputation is still there, it seems, but clicking on any of the items pops up a "couldn't find topic" error.

I still see all other posts from other people, so it doesn't appear like the SQL database failed or something... it's just my posts that are gone, it seems. Someone deleted me?

Advertisement

I do see several of your posts in the deleted content view, but it does not tell me why or who was responsible for doing so. I've left a ping for other moderators.

What the title says

My fault!

I accidentally marked you as a spammer when reviewing your spammer report, and when you get marked as a spammer all your posts are marked as hidden. I'm fixing it. Sorry about that.

Admin for GameDev.net.

That was Khawk's first attempt at shadowbanning :P

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

I imagine it along these lines:

XE2VP.gif

It was something like that.

"Ohh, shiny mark as spammer button. <click> Oops. Wrong member."

Admin for GameDev.net.

So people who are marked as spammers are still allowed to create new topics?

No. People who are marked as spammers are banned, and all their content (except journal comments, iirc) is deleted.

People are are unmarked as spammers are unbanned, but their previously deleted content is not automatically restored. That requires us to take an extra step.

Been gone in no-internet land and came back being ill for over a week, so apologies for the late reply. Thank you for fixing! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement